2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

He’s trusting a generator. Those things don’t work. Barmore won’t be there in the 2nd, and Hollard won’t be there in the 3rd. 

Im not deep enough in to know where people will end up. There are a fair amount of decent safeties that could make it to the mid 3rd. Another IDL could be there in the mid 2nd. Maybe the Washington DT or Wilson from FSU.

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Im not deep enough in to know where people will end up. There are a fair amount of decent safeties that could make it to the mid 3rd. Another IDL could be there in the mid 2nd. Maybe the Washington DT or Wilson from FSU.

Every year there are players that go much higher than expected and players that drop.  Last year was strange for CBs.  Who knows what is going to happen this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Who cares about draft pick position honestly given what we know of their draft strategy?

We need to trade/cut Carr invest that money into the defense and then move up for Zach Wilson. Keep Mariota around and let him and Wilson battle for the starting job. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

How you trading up to the top 5 for Zach Wilson? 

Whatever draft capital I'd need to give up, I'd do it. We've wasted numerous picks under Grudock so draft capital really isn't that valuable for us anyways, securing a potential franchise QB could change our entire culture. Not to mention we already have 5 young 1st round picks on our roster from the 2019/2020 classes so losing some future picks in theory wouldn't hurt us as much. 

When Philadelphia moved up for Wentz in 2016 they gave up their 1st, 3rd, and 4th round picks in 2016, 1st round pick in 2017, and 2nd round pick in 2018. I'd be willing to offer up a similar package to move up for someone like Wilson. 

• Like 1

I think you ride with Carr for one more year. 

Also watched a couple of Miami games the past couple days and Jaelan Phillips is that dude! He offers you pretty much everything you would want in a DE. The only thing is the injury history everything else he checks off. I would put him with Owusu for me as my favorite for the first round pick. I think with Phillips you get an instant impact from day 1. 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

I think you ride with Carr for one more year. 

Carr's conservative nature along with Gruden's play calling are the two biggest reasons we're 25th in red zone scoring this season and were 23rd last season. Yes, the defense has been bad. But we've left so many points on the board because Carr refuses to take chances despite having one of the best red zone weapons in the league in Waller. 

Carr's an above average starting QB but we're never going to get over the hump with him starting. 

Zaven Collins is who I want and I will be surprised if that changes from now until the draft. Zach Wilson is also very nice, but I feel he will not be available. This is looking like a nice class, but I'm curious in the coming weeks who declares and who returns with such a weird college season. Collins declared Christmas Eve, and I'm sold.

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Zaven Collins is who I want and I will be surprised if that changes from now until the draft. Zach Wilson is also very nice, but I feel he will not be available. This is looking like a nice class, but I'm curious in the coming weeks who declares and who returns with such a weird college season. Collins declared Christmas Eve, and I'm sold.

Wilson has a good chance to be the 2nd QB off the board, although there are some reported character concerns.

Can someone please enlighten me about what the hype over 1 year wonder Zach Wilson is? 

The guy played essentially a CUSA/Sunbelt schedule and looked terrible against the one good team BYU played this year. 

2019 was absolutely nothing to write home about. 

Not saying he definitively won't be good (Roethlisberger was a MAC QB afterall), but everyone pimping Wilson seems to be basing on one good season against inferior opposition. He screamsassive bust potential to me.