2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

19 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

BPA would be Parsons and while I think Saleh would do wonders with him in the middle of our defense I think WR does a bit more for us. 

Agreed but with Mosley in that spot, it require Mosley to move to OLB in a 4-3. Probably not a big deal but can he/ would he move?  

48 minutes ago, xrade said:

Agreed but with Mosley in that spot, it require Mosley to move to OLB in a 4-3. Probably not a big deal but can he/ would he move?  

Parsons would probably play Will in this scenario but we shouldn't make moves with Mosley in mind, he hasn't played in 2 years and is not part of the future core. 

34 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Parsons would probably play Will in this scenario but we shouldn't make moves with Mosley in mind, he hasn't played in 2 years and is not part of the future core. 

Unfortunately we are stuck with Mosley for 2 more years. My hope is he just does not want to play football anymore and retires.

12 minutes ago, xrade said:

Unfortunately we are stuck with Mosley for 2 more years. My hope is he just does not want to play football anymore and retires.

He’s 28... there’s no reason to think he can’t play at a high level for 2 seasons.

He was free to sit out this last year. It shouldn’t be held against him as fans

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s 28... there’s no reason to think he can’t play at a high level for 2 seasons.

He was free to sit out this last year. It shouldn’t be held against him as fans

Its just hard to find examples of players sitting out for 2 years in their prime and coming back the same. 

It'd be hard to imagine that we will need a WR if we do trade for Watson. 1 of these star WRs will want to come here in FA. So that begs the question as to if we do trade the 2nd pick for him (and obviously more). Who do we want at 23 and 34 if we already got our franchise QB and a star WR? 23 and 34 aren't a good spot for an edge. It is a good spot for CB, OL and RB though. But if we get Thuney or Scherff in FA as well... we don't really need OL either. So does everyone want CB and RB at 23 and 34 then?

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It'd be hard to imagine that we will need a WR if we do trade for Watson. 1 of these star WRs will want to come here in FA. So that begs the question as to if we do trade the 2nd pick for him (and obviously more). Who do we want at 23 and 34 if we already got our franchise QB and a star WR? 23 and 34 aren't a good spot for an edge. It is a good spot for CB, OL and RB though. But if we get Thuney or Scherff in FA as well... we don't really need OL either. So does everyone want CB and RB at 23 and 34 then?

Edge please although I'm a sucker for the baby CBs Surtain and Samuel.

37 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This would be a great problem to have. :)

I'm sorry guys but I don't see Thuney or Scherff coming here. I think they both stay right where they are. I do think Richard Sherman will be Jet and he could fill in as one of the CB for now. I would take Surtain or Samuel too. I really don't think there is an edge guy I like. I think that most of them are right in the same spot and you just grab one and hope he does well. 

40 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This would be a great problem to have. :)

I'm sorry guys but I don't see Thuney or Scherff coming here. I think they both stay right where they are. I do think Richard Sherman will be Jet and he could fill in as one of the CB for now. I would take Surtain or Samuel too. I really don't think there is an edge guy I like. I think that most of them are right in the same spot and you just grab one and hope he does well. 

Surtain is a top 10 pick. We can’t get him in that area. But there are some good CBs in that range. Campbell is a favorite of mine from Georgia. I like him with the 34th pick. But I really want a RB there.

Just now, JetsandI said:

back to 4 280+ DL. lol.

No I'm not saying that. But a 235-245lb guy isn't set up best for DE in a 4-3. Hard for them to set the edge and bull rush at that size. Generally speaking... 4-3 DEs carry more weight than that. And look at the edges in that 23-34 draft range. They're all 235-245lb guys mainly. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

No I'm not saying that. But a 235-245lb guy isn't set up best for DE in a 4-3. Hard for them to set the edge and bull rush at that size. Generally speaking... 4-3 DEs carry more weight than that. And look at the edges in that 23-34 draft range. They're all 235-245lb guys mainly. 

I mean if we have to draft edge in 1st, a borderline Edge/Tackle may be better option at the south of 20th.

A memory of Saleh's first year with 49ers.