2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

36 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

And thats unfortunate because he fielded two bottom 5 defenses his first two years in San Francisco forcing scheme on the personnel. 

Douglas is going to have to get creative. 

While I don’t think we are that far off meaning we have to scrap players and bring some in. I do think we will not see great improvement for a year or two. Regardless of scheme, we still needed CB and DE/EDGE help. The biggest difference will be at LB which does not really need to addresses that aggressively this offseason. 

34 minutes ago, xrade said:

While I don’t think we are that far off meaning we have to scrap players and bring some in. I do think we will not see great improvement for a year or two. Regardless of scheme, we still needed CB and DE/EDGE help. The biggest difference will be at LB which does not really need to addresses that aggressively this offseason. 

The hope with LB is that the guys we have/could bring back cheap are rangy enough to play in the scheme, if they aren't then its going to be a lot of long days for the defense. 

9 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I'm not saying we need to get Arik Armstead, I meant an Armstead-type DE. I don't think we need to raid the 49ers, but I do think it would be wise to get players for the system. And, since San Fran has a bunch of free agents on the defensive side of the football, it would make some sense to get a few of those guys instead of from elsewhere.

FTR, AA isn't really a DE. He can play there, and will absolutely set an edge and shut down the run from the edge when he's there, but he 100% is not an effective pass rusher from there. He's a pass rushing 3t / 4t on the inside. Saleh even had him play some 1t a few years back. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Jaycee Horn is a perfect Saleh CB. If he falls to 23 (might not happen) I expect us to draft him. Willing tackler, physical and great instincts. 

Problem is willingness to tackle isn't the same as sound tackler.  He is said to miss too many tackles. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Cashman is getting no love on here bc he was injured... but he fits this style. Speedy LB. Mosley and him are a good start at LB. 1 more guy is needed. 

Yeah.  Cashman's image is struggling. 

Edited by JetsandI

50 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Cashman is getting no love on here bc he was injured... but he fits this style. Speedy LB. Mosley and him are a good start at LB. 1 more guy is needed. 

I hope you’re correct. I find it unsettling that 2 of 3 potentially starting LB’s are question marks. One can’t stay on the field and one has not played in two years.  I like Cashman as a player. I believe he has potential but he is of no use if he spends more time in the trainers room than the field. 

36 minutes ago, xrade said:

I hope you’re correct. I find it unsettling that 2 of 3 potentially starting LB’s are question marks. One can’t stay on the field and one has not played in two years.  I like Cashman as a player. I believe he has potential but he is of no use if he spends more time in the trainers room than the field. 

Mosley and Cashman probably  are only two lbs on the roster entering FA, barring a few re-signs. I would expect Jets to try to land 2 LBs as starting flankers with Cashman continues serving as back up.  Maybe draft one or two LBs to develop (double ST).

37 minutes ago, xrade said:

LB is a relatively easy position to find starters at. So I’m not worried about that position group at all. I think Bc so many are down on CJ... they think the group is bad. But I don’t see it that way. I see him as still a top LB and Cashman who fits this scheme well. Maybe we resign Hewitt or Peanut to add some insurance there. Or go after a guy in FA or draft. But the group is by far a weakness if you ask me