OROY/DROY 2020

notthatbluestuff

For offense,  probably Henry Ruggs.   He has great hands and becomes a rocket in open field.  He'll have to get used to not having Tua underthrow the ball anymore, though.  

For defense, either Patrick Queen or Chase Young.  

Queen is all over the field at once and is a very complete linebacker. Very Ray Lewis-like in his nature. 

Young is incredibly athletic, but he's going to have a learning curve at first.  He's going to have to learn to use much more than just his hands to swat off blockers and get to the QB. 

• Like 1

For O I think Ruggs will be our #2 passing weapon day one( Waller will be #1). Gruden is going to ensure he get's tons of looks catching, running and returning the ball. I can see him putting up some pretty impressive numbers his rookie season. I would have gone Lamb but he's likely going to be the #3 in Dallas early. Could also see CEH due to the perfect fit in KC's passing game.

For D I'm going Young. I expect him to break double digit sacks. Simmons is a close second and expect him to make tons of plays.

Offense: Joe Burrow or Tua Tagovailoa. No matter what, this is a QB driven award. If the Bengals or Dolphins can win 5-7 games, Burrow or Tua will win it.

Defense: AJ Epenesa. I think he's going to get an unfair amount of single teams along that Buffalo DL, and he'll get a lot of coverage sacks. Those numbers will carry over to votes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I was shocked (well, not that shocked) that Jacobs didn't win OROY last season. Hopefully a RB can make it interesting this year. 

Last year is why I'm ignoring non-QBs.  It should have been Jacobs, with AJ Brown as second.  However, it went to Kyler.

Tua is injured so it seems to me like Burrow is a better bet than the field there.

DROY is the interesting one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I was shocked (well, not that shocked) that Jacobs didn't win OROY last season. Hopefully a RB can make it interesting this year. 

I think the NFL views an average rookie QB season higher than an above average or elite rookie RB season.

Jacobs probably would've had to win MVP to get OROY last season.

14 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I think he was on track to win for the first half of the season but his usage started to drop midway through the season because of the shoulder injury and then he got shut down altogether. That combined with the Raiders falling apart for the last 2 months of the season made his rookie season seem less less relevant. 

I think AJ Brown ended up having a better case for OROY than Jacobs did tbh. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Is Dalton going to start?

If he's on the roster and making that much money, he's going to be thrown out there for at least 4 games before ceding to Burrow.

That's certainly enough to cost Burrow a single season award.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1