ESPN going with new MNF crew

11sanchez11

19 hours ago, Duluther said:

Heard the craziest story about Johnny Carson from a Mike Rowe podcast the other day. Google about when he was basically kidnapped and sentenced to die by the mafia.

One of the things I miss about having cable is not having Antenna TV, where I could watch Johnny Carson each night.  The nostalgic look at our past is so refreshing.  Love his monologues, and get so excited to see Don Rickles, or Jonathan Winters or Buddy Hackett on as guests as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyty said:

Are you mad at MNF or are you mad at your fading youth 

Well, that can certainly be both.  The amount of game coverage has been diluted quite a bit, so quite often, the MNF games are ones that aren't all that important to the standings.

Now get off my lawn.  :D

21 hours ago, Danger said:

His voice is incredibly boring and generic. He's the definition of just a guy and would put me to sleep.

I like the Tennessee Titans radio guy, Mike Keith, dude is super underappreciated.

Mike Keith is ours and no one is allowed to touch him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Dont kill me. But what about Steven A Smith, Max Kellerman with Mike Greenburg.

sultry leonardo dicaprio GIF

what about Steven A Smith, Max Kellerman with Mike Greenburg.

Leonardo Dicaprio Whatever GIF

what about Steven A Smith,

intense leonardo dicaprio GIF

Max Kellerman

weird leonardo dicaprio GIF

Mike Greenburg

oscar let GIF

Dont kill me

drunk leonardo dicaprio GIF

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Gus isn't with espn though right?

Riddick, Greg Cosell (who i think is the brightest mind out there in terms of breaking down nfl plays) with maybe Levy. 

Yea I forgot he's with fox college games but I like your list also 

8 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The problem with Monday Night football is that the aesthetic quality of an average football game is not terribly high and that it's more difficult to predict months in advance which teams/games will be compelling than it was in the 70s and 80s.

I think the aesthetic quality of the average game is quite scintillating, almost elegant at times. Skilled athletes in cool uniforms hitting each other a lot will never get old. The real issue is that football doesn't lend itself terribly well to boring commentary and overlong, over-produced video packages, which is what MNF has consisted of in recent years. (Not that the SNF and TNF videos are any better.)

5 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

ESPN should use preason to test a few different combos. Or even the regular season and see which ones work best for moving forward.

You already did that to yourself.

I wish the NFL had a crew like the NBA does with inside the NBA. Ernie, Barkely, Shaq, and Smith are by far the most entertaining hosts in sports. 

The ratings would fly through the roof if the NFL had people like them commentating live games.