ESPN going with new MNF crew

11sanchez11

Just now, m haynes said:

Hard to break habits. Don't forget Bogger was color in the booth. He probably still talking about the last play. I hate guys that keep talking and never stop.

But Booger said the dumbest crap around. Everyone would just say "Booger, WTF are you talking about?"

No one is perfect I get that.  What I want is someone like Tony Romo. He points out what to look for and what the other is doing or not doing.   The KC and Rams playoff game were a thing of beauty. Especially the 4th Q. He's  calling the play before its happens.

PS Romo sometimes talks too much. Like I said no ones perfect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

He's a very good analyst IMO. Very well articulated.

I disagree with the analyst part. This is the same guy who said Tua’s wonderlic score is going to affect him, and called him lazy for it.

The same guy who, hours after saying this, responded in the wake of backlash, “after looking further at his tape, I realize he plays on instinct and won’t need a high score.” That’s a really dumb excuse.

19 hours ago, Forge said:

MNF was just such an event when I was growing up. It's so strange just seeing the hollow husk that it's become over the last 15 years and how far downhill it's gone 

Are you mad at MNF or are you mad at your fading youth 

22 hours ago, Forge said:

MNF was just such an event when I was growing up. It's so strange just seeing the hollow husk that it's become over the last 15 years and how far downhill it's gone 

Not sure when you grew up exactly, but for some time it was a stand alone.

You had the Sunday lineup - then MNF and that was it. MNF was an event. A big bar / sports bar event. 

Now - you've got the Sunday lineup, Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday night..........it's no longer unique

So - since the product's been spread around / diluted - the individual productions matter more and personally (?) I think ESPN was right to get rid of these two. IMO Tessitore would try to make a kickoff falling off its T as some sort of dramatic event and McFarland was.....well lets be charitable and say worthless . Personal opinion completely.

The problem with Monday Night football is that the aesthetic quality of an average football game is not terribly high and that it's more difficult to predict months in advance which teams/games will be compelling than it was in the 70s and 80s.  On Sundays if a game isn't fun to watch, there's probably another game on another channel, or in extreme cases the network itself will flip away (plus there's RedZone.)  In primetime though there's no hiding if a game is a dud.  We just focus on "man, MNF is terrible" because it had a previous history of being appointment viewing, not that SNF and TNF aren't sometimes and usually (respectively) just as terrible.