ESPN going with new MNF crew

11sanchez11

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You already did that to yourself.

I wish the NFL had a crew like the NBA does with inside the NBA. Ernie, Barkely, Shaq, and Smith are by far the most entertaining hosts in sports. 

The ratings would fly through the roof if the NFL had people like them commentating live games. 

Shaq and Barkley are all time sport's personalities, plus that synergy is hard to replicate. Imma give this a 2nd go.

Out the box here.... get this to ESPN execs.

Steve Smith (former WR), Deion Sanders... bring in Jim Ross as play by play guy and 4th guy would be Trent Dilfer...

Put Greg Cosell in his own little play breakdown tower... where he breaks down the x's and o's of certain plays the former 3 players didnt already break down.

Make it happen.... SLOBBER KNOCKER reference on MNF. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Not sure the world is ready for that amount of dry sarcasm in the booth. I’d love it though.

They tried that before with Dennis Miller and it failed miserably. Won't happen twice.

They are 🙏🙏 for Peyton to say yes ,which he might if enough money is thrown his way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

They tried that before with Dennis Miller and it failed miserably. Won't happen twice.

They are 🙏🙏 for Peyton to say yes ,which he might if enough money is thrown his way.

eh different vibes. There is ahole sarcasm and there is fun sarcasm. Kenny has always been the latter.
They won't do it though yeah. They'd want a NAME guy who used to play.

3 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Steve Smith (former WR), Deion Sanders... bring in Jim Ross as play by play guy and 4th guy would be Trent Dilfer...

Put Greg Cosell in his own little play breakdown tower... where he breaks down the x's and o's of certain plays the former 3 players didnt already break down.

Actually worse than Steve/Max/Mike.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Dennis Miller had some moments: "“I'm not sure there is such a thing as minor groin surgery. Anybody who has a sharp instrument around my genitalia, I'm thinking it's major.”

• Like 2

i liked Tessitore, honestly. the witten/booger color commentator team was awful, i dont know why they decided that letting booger have an even bigger role was a good idea. its pretty hilarious that they've struck out on every replacement candidate, including Brees as a future replacement.

dont know who they'll come up with but Booger was literally the worst commentator in MNF history. 

Frank Caliendo darkhorse?

Edited by Turnobili

i like people casually suggesting Romo, Manning... both of those guys were offered massive deals by ESPN and both turned them down. Romo signed a huge contract with CBS. and saying "i want somebody like Romo" is pretty obvious. the guy has quickly emerged as the best color commentator in the business and imo best i've heard.

ESPN has been getting turned down everywhere they looked. they even tried to sign Drew Brees to join whenever he retires, and he spurned them and instead committed to a role with NBC. they said the replacement is going to be in house, but i dont even know what good options there are. louis riddick is the only guy i can think of, but if they want to have some comedy in the booth, i say shoot for the moon and have caliendo as the third guy

• Like 3

The amount of turnover they’ve had in the booth is alarming. I’ve only ever seen John Madden, Al Michaels, and Chris Collinsworth in the booth for SNF. I can’t even begin to tell you who all has been in for MNF.

Prospects probably feel like they are heading into a Browns’ HC situation: in one year, out the next.

34 minutes ago, Duluther said:

The amount of turnover they’ve had in the booth is alarming. I’ve only ever seen John Madden, Al Michaels, and Chris Collinsworth in the booth for SNF. I can’t even begin to tell you who all has been in for MNF.

Prospects probably feel like they are heading into a Browns’ HC situation: in one year, out the next.

i know he wasn't unanimously liked but Gruden held the post for almost a decade