2020 Green Bay Packers OL

Shanedorf

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You're assuming that neither Runyan or Stepaniak don't take over that RG spot, which is probably more likely than it isn't.

Yeah, I'm not counting on late round picks, 1 coming off an injury to fill that spot.

Feels like the IDL type situation in counting on players that have not shown much to fill that position. 

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Yeah, I'm not counting on late round picks, 1 coming off an injury to fill that spot.

Feels like the IDL type situation in counting on players that have not shown much to fill that position. 

Runyan looked solid enough when pressed into duty.  I'd tentatively say he's slotted to slide into the RG position next year.

Jenkins played 30+ snaps at LT after Wagner goes down at RT and Turner switches over to take his place. I guess they asked Elgton where he was most comfortable, which was on the left, and let the seasoned vet take the other side. Jenkins played a few throw away snaps at center, too, just to flex. 

I know we haven’t played world beaters these past couple games, but man, this line is showing versatility and ability to pick up the slack every week.  I really hope we get our prefered starters in there soon but it’s great not to have to rush anyone because the depth can’t hack it. 

it’s been impressive to say the least. 

Edited by Refugee

https://www.packers.com/video/patrick-on-jon-runyan-no-moment-has-been-too-big-for-him

Lucas Patrick, who has been doing a hell of a job as glue on that line praises Runyan’s game.  He also confirms what has been apparent; Turner, Linsely and Bakhtiari are pro talents with pro work ethic and it has set the tone in the room.  Everyone is fighting for eachother. 

If we make a real run, this line will be one of the reasons. 

• Like 1

Coach LaFleur preaching the gospel of Steno and Butkus. I guess he used his connections at SF (including his brother) to get the inside scoop and understanding of the kind of coach he was in this system. It has worked out so far. I wouldn’t be surprised if we reach back over to the Niners staff if we’re looking for a New D coordinator or LaFleur’s brother to fill an offensive role, especially if we lose Hackett.

Edited by Refugee

When asked about switching sides in a game, Billy Turner had this to say:

"This is something that I heard Packers legend Josh Sitton say a few years ago in Miami, and that is, 'It's like wiping your (butt) with your opposite hand.' And if you've ever tried that, I'm sure you know," 

I don’t think that’s as common as he makes it sound but I’m happy to have the ambidextrous and hygienic lineman.

His coach, Stenovich, also confirmed that he has the feet to play tackle and maybe not the traditional build of a guard.

We should see the spirit of 69 return to LT this Sunday and Turner on the opposite side where I think he’ll play out the year or until he’s asked to fill in again when needed somewhere else. 

Great to note how seriously we take the OT position though. We noted our 3rd was weak and we went to FA and remedied that.. Maybe at the expense of the DL. I would assume we take one fairly early this year. thats about the only leverage play against bakh, and would allow us to get a bit cheaper even if we move from Wagner. I think itd be a terrible locker room and field move to get rid of bakh tho.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Great to note how seriously we take the OT position though. We noted our 3rd was weak and we went to FA and remedied that.. Maybe at the expense of the DL. I would assume we take one fairly early this year. thats about the only leverage play against bakh, and would allow us to get a bit cheaper even if we move from Wagner. I think itd be a terrible locker room and field move to get rid of bakh tho.

We already used the leverage play once against Bakhtiari.

Not sure he and his agent are going to be accepting of it again. 

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Yeah, I think you have to pay the man.  I know there are cap games that have to take place but he's too good at what he does at one of the most premium positions.  What the extent of his injury is will factor in but if he's on track to play Sunday, it's obviously not major.

I would hope that Turner can settle in at RT and run away with it.  Wagner was good insurance and might still play a role, but with another injury and midseason upon us, we need to dial it in for this year.  

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Every teams leverage play this year is going to be "look you can sign this market fair deal with us, because it's all we can afford, or you can hit the market and hope one of the teams that suck with cap room like you enough to give you the deal you want."

Crappy year to be a FA. Lots of 1-2 year deals I imagine. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah i imagine letting go Wagner, bringing in a high rookie and giving Bakh Wagners $ is the way we go.

I think Ray makes a great point. Probably see a good deal of 1 year contracts