Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Longer than Joe Flacco's hail mary to Jacoby Jones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmRYZOuXHrA&ab_channel=NFL

In terms of hail marys/long bombs that one wasn't even that far. That's like 55 yards. Baker's was like 72 or so.

However, Joe's was the better, more impressive throw. First of all, while he had a clean platform and wind up, he was facing a little heat around the pocket and had to make it quick. He also, y'know, hit the intended receiver, which is nice. I'm sure he has other throws with more air yards, he had a strongass arm.

As for Baker, I'll admit I didn't think his arm was THAT strong. However, therein lies the problem: If he does at least have that baseline potential, why doesn't it look as impressive on a down to down basis? Does he need that completely clean platform, no pressure, stepping into it, full wind-up throw in order to get it there? Does he need to take more off of it, in comparison to other quarterbacks, in order to place it where he wants it to be?

It's good to know that he has it in him I guess, but if the real dividends of having a strong arm in the NFL are more frequently seen on the intermediate throws, and that appears to be something Baker still has to put together.

18 minutes ago, DannyB said:

In terms of hail marys/long bombs that one wasn't even that far. That's like 55 yards. Baker's was like 72 or so.

However, Joe's was the better, more impressive throw. First of all, while he had a clean platform and wind up, he was facing a little heat around the pocket and had to make it quick. He also, y'know, hit the intended receiver, which is nice. I'm sure he has other throws with more air yards, he had a strongass arm.

As for Baker, I'll admit I didn't think his arm was THAT strong. However, therein lies the problem: If he does at least have that baseline potential, why doesn't it look as impressive on a down to down basis? Does he need that completely clean platform, no pressure, stepping into it, full wind-up throw in order to get it there? Does he need to take more off of it, in comparison to other quarterbacks, in order to place it where he wants it to be?

It's good to know that he has it in him I guess, but if the real dividends of having a strong arm in the NFL are more frequently seen on the intermediate throws, and that appears to be something Baker still has to put together.

I think your are spot on. Baker can throw it hard and far, just isn't as natural and effortless like some of the big arm qbs, like Allen, Herbert, Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson (tho sometimes i feel Wilson's isn't as natural either other times i feel it is)

2 hours ago, DannyB said:

I think most QBs float it on a Hail Mary to give it a chance to drop in and give the receiver a chance to climb the ladder which is why it doesn’t always seem like the distance is there.

however the Browns Hail Mary was kind of a headscratcher - you don’t often see the QB try to put it on rope and end up zipping it out of the back of the end zone. Really never even gave it a chance but maybe he was trying to protect his stat line for all we know 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

The Patriots have lost 5 times this season when the opponent scored 27 or fewer points.

That happened 8 times during Belichick's first season as New England's coach in 2000. It also happened in each of the first two games of the 2001 season.

But once Tom Brady took over as starting quarterback in week three of 2001, it only happened 34 times in Brady's 283 regular season starts for the Partriots

Edited by Awsi Dooger

27 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

The Patriots have lost 5 times this season when the opponent scored 27 or fewer points.

That happened 8 times during Belichick's first season as New England's coach in 2000. It also happened in each of the first two games of the 2001 season.

But once Tom Brady took over as starting quarterback in week three of 2001, it only happened 34 times in Brady's 283 regular season starts for the Partriots

So Belichick is a good coach and Brady is a good QB.  That's an interesting take. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, Mayfield put a ton of effort into throwing that ~70 yards. Rodgers did this falling away vs pressure on the opposite hash of his throwing arm for about 60.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwiBW6j80kI

Oh god...

Sometimes, for what ever reason, people forget about Rogers and what he can do. Maybe it's fatigue or maybe it's the new toy that everyone now has, but f me. 

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No, that wasn't sarcasm. 

37 years old capable of making every throw in the book to this day. People don't quite understand how rare that is. Mahomes is a ******* specimen and someone who should be praised 1000% but Aaron is an entirely different breed. I know people like to compare the two right now based on how they both have played but, good god, am I thankful that 12 is my QB. I love Patrick Mahomes. I'd never take a single thing away from him, but there is only one Aaron Rodgers and he does things, to this day, that marvel me. I hope for KC fans that Mahomes is marveling them at the same age when the time comes. It's special, man. So special.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

37 years old capable of making every throw in the book to this day. People don't quite understand how rare that is. Mahomes is a ******* specimen and someone who should be praised 1000% but Aaron is an entirely different breed. I know people like to compare the two right now based on how they both have played but, good god, am I thankful that 12 is my QB. I love Patrick Mahomes. I'd never take a single thing away from him, but there is only one Aaron Rodgers and he does things, to this day, that marvel me. I hope for KC fans that Mahomes is marveling them at the same age when the time comes. It's special, man. So special.

Aaron is ridiculous. I do look at them fairly similarly, I can't really tell difference between their arms. I'd say Mahomes is slightly more flash with his side arming etc but Rogers has fewer weapons and possibly slightly more accurate - those balls he used to hang out for Jordy 40 yards down the sideline....oof

• Like 1

Jonathan Taylor has really found his groove as the season has gone on. Not too surprised though, thought he was the best RB in the draft. Some good info in the article below.

"The second-round rookie also leads the NFL in explosive run rate, as 12 of his 55 carries since Week 11 have gained 10 or more yards. Taylor is also second in broken tackles per attempt at 0.33. The Colts rookie recorded just 10 of those explosive runs on 113 carries over his first nine games, and he generated only 0.07 broken tackles per attempt."

https://www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2020/12/16/22177613/pff-ranks-colts-rb-jonathan-taylor-as-the-nfls-7th-highest-graded-rookie-to-date

• Like 1