Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

24 minutes ago, DannyB said:

They average about 32 rushes per game, which is not most in the league, and is not that far away from the pack. About 10 teams average close to 30 per game.

Also, maybe a lot of teams look around and realize they don't have Derrick Henry, so they decide not to run as much.

It's not just Henry though,  it's the OL and play calling that also help. Several teams could be up there IMO, but opt for passing more in the nfl of 2020 since the rules are more passer friendly. DPI can help especially if the opponent is prone to that.  Also, most teams spend more on WR/ QB too , so that is apart of this  equation.  Henry is quite a threat though, no mistake about it.  It would be interesting if a few teams really went against the grain and decided on old school power running .  Defences aren't built for it anymore, so it would make some sense . The Browns would be comparable,  top tier OL and 2 bruisers at RB but lets see how they do tonight vs the Ravens

Steelers almost the worst in the league in rush attempts, yards and YPC. This could be considered notable stats,  as I can't remember that ever being the case for this franchise. Something is wrong it seems:ph34r:

Edited by 3rivers

Colts are averaging 30.8 points over their last eight games. Philip Rivers has tossed 16 touchdowns to 4 interceptions over that span. The Defense has taken a bit of a dip but the Offense has been better than the beginning part of the year.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

It's not just Henry though,  it's the OL and play calling that also help. Several teams could be up there IMO, but opt for passing more in the nfl of 2020 since the rules are more passer friendly. DPI can help especially if the opponent is prone to that.  Also, most teams spend more on WR/ QB too , so that is apart of this  equation.  Henry is quite a threat though, no mistake about it.  It would be interesting if a few teams really went against the grain and decided on old school power running .  Defences aren't built for it anymore, so it would make some sense . The Browns would be comparable,  top tier OL and 2 bruisers at RB but lets see how they do tonight vs the Ravens

Steelers almost the worst in the league in rush attempts, yards and YPC. This could be considered notable stats,  as I can't remember that ever being the case for this franchise. Something is wrong it seems:ph34r:

So like...what's your deal? Like what is the point you're trying to make? Are you trying to discredit Henry, or the Titans offense as a whole? Are you saying many more teams could be doing this if they wanted to, or if they tried? Are you saying Henry is overrated?

In the history of the NFL, here are the names of every running back who has rushed for four or more 200 yard games besides Derrick Henry...

Adrian Peterson, O.J. Simpson, Tiki Barber, Jim Brown, Earl Campbell, Barry Sanders.

Everybody there is either a Hall of Famer, should be, or will be.

Not saying Henry necessarily belongs on that list yet, but I'm just pointing out that this many 200 yard games isn't just some flukey thing that happens. One? sure. Two? maybe. But four? doubt it.

3 hours ago, DannyB said:

So like...what's your deal? Like what is the point you're trying to make? Are you trying to discredit Henry, or the Titans offense as a whole? Are you saying many more teams could be doing this if they wanted to, or if they tried? Are you saying Henry is overrated?

In the history of the NFL, here are the names of every running back who has rushed for four or more 200 yard games besides Derrick Henry...

Adrian Peterson, O.J. Simpson, Tiki Barber, Jim Brown, Earl Campbell, Barry Sanders.

Everybody there is either a Hall of Famer, should be, or will be.

Not saying Henry necessarily belongs on that list yet, but I'm just pointing out that this many 200 yard games isn't just some flukey thing that happens. One? sure. Two? maybe. But four? doubt it.

No discredit intended at all. 

Henry is every bit of what you think, must be about as intimidating to tackle as any RB. I was just pointing out how Henry is with a coach and offence that will actually stay with the run, for good reason too. In todays nfl (compared to 25-40 years ago lets say), teams will resort to passing earlier, but the Titans are the most committed . That gives a chance to eventually break one or at least keep the rushing attack going. Too many teams give up on the run sooner than 20 + years ago.  Henry should end up in the HOF as long as he stays healthy.  

I never  hinted at overrated, or tried to discredit or anything like that btw.  Titans offence is similar to what I would prefer if I was calling the plays for a team. I'm older, prefer run game for the offence as it can control the game and wear down the defence.  Teams used to defend the run better  than they do now, but that's the game as it is. Not a criticism towards Henry, just stating the difference in the game and how it can be a benefit for such a RB.  

Henry will get a few more 200+ yard games before it's over as well, so he will be at the top of that category by himself possibly for a long time as well.  If he can stay healthy for 16 games, he would be the one that could break the single season record IMO

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Good question - I'd say this season the Browns do, but they have a two headed monster. Same with the Ravens, but that would be 4 players.

This game tonight will be a throw back like no other. I am looking forward to this game as that's the style of play I prefer .  The 2 RB's the Browns have really bring it.  It's nice to see the Browns winning again especially how they are doing it. A solid ruin game and quietly playing decent defence. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

No discredit intended at all. 

Henry is every bit of what you think, must be about as intimidating to tackle as any RB. I was just pointing out how Henry is with a coach and offence that will actually stay with the run, for good reason too. In todays nfl (compared to 25-40 years ago lets say), teams will resort to passing earlier, but the Titans are the most committed . That gives a chance to eventually break one or at least keep the rushing attack going. Too many teams give up on the run sooner than 20 + years ago.  Henry should end up in the HOF as long as he stays healthy.  

I never  hinted at overrated, or tried to discredit or anything like that btw.  Titans offence is similar to what I would prefer if I was calling the plays for a team. I'm older, prefer run game for the offence as it can control the game and wear down the defence.  Teams used to defend the run better  than they do now, but that's the game as it is. Not a criticism towards Henry, just stating the difference in the game and how it can be a benefit for such a RB.  

Henry will get a few more 200+ yard games before it's over as well, so he will be at the top of that category by himself possibly for a long time as well.  If he can stay healthy for 16 games, he would be the one that could break the single season record IMO

I think there's a little chicken/egg thing going on here though. I think most teams don't focus on the run as much because they don't do it successfully. Don't have the runner/runners, don't have the line. Or their passing game is so much more effective (geez, better reign in Patrick Mahomes a bit, wouldn't want him to blow this game).

And as I said before, the Titans actually don't run it that much more than most teams. They're up there, but not at the top, and they're not an outlier.

Despite having Marvin Lewis around for just over half of the years he's been GM since his dad passed (at just over .500 winning %), with Sunday's loss to the Cowboys, Mike Brown is now 100 games under .500 with no playoff wins in 31 years.  In essence, 70-170 in years without Marvin.

Why did my parents have to settle in Cincy?

• Like 1

Justin Herbert is on pace to have arguably best rookie season for a QB. It will probably take a back seat to some others maybe since the Chargers aren't going anywhere, but regardless Herbert is looking at 4200+ yards and 30+ touchdowns with around 12 or so interceptions. Very impressive. The only one I can think of recently that rivals is Cam Newton's where he accounted for 35 touchdowns. Andrew Luck, Dak Presscott, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and Robert Griffin III all had good rookie seasons helping their team get to the playoffs. But still, Herbert is looking nice on a pretty pathetic squad with a lackluster head coach.