Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

To be fair, efficiency is not the end all/be all

But if you look at every possible metric, Watson is completely obliterating his prior season highs - completion percentage, YPA, TDs, INTs, TD:INT ratio, QBR, Standard QB Rating - his efficiency is improving and his raw production is improving. 

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

whereas Watson probably has benefitted from "spreading it around" a bit more, which could also have to do with better play designs/etc. that he should have had all along, even with Nuk.

I think this is it in a sense - but with a WR like 'Nuk, it's so much easier to fall into "look for #10" as opposed to read and react to a defense. It's the same thing Favre did when he had Sterling Sharpe, same thing Matt Stafford did when he had Calvin Johnson - those dynamic weapons also serve as crutches in critical moments, and reliance on such a presence can hinder a QB from actually playing QB.

Play design shouldn't change - but playcalling could be improved now that BoB was gone. I was tracking Watson's numbers post-BoB, and those numbers were tracking into the supernova range. I'll try to dig them up.

Please don't mistake this as "the Texans are better off without Hopkins" because it's not, they're not. Not having Hopkins is simply letting Watson grow his football IQ. If the Texans ever find another elite WR, Watson should have the knowledge and experience to turn them into an animal...

• Like 1