Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

earlier this year i thought he’d be gone for sure, and there’s still a strong chance he gets an offer from someone that we don’t want to match, but i think there’s more of a chance we keep him than i thought. jayon brown might be the odd one out in terms of our impending FAs, and we could also stand to move adam humphries, who is a solid contributor but getting paid way too much for as little as we use him. will be an interesting offseason for sure

Titans would be wise to keep Corey Davis if they can. Consider me one of the niners fans @Forge was referring to when he said Davis has been a coveted guy around here, so it's no surprise to me that he is finally playing better with an actual, real, NFL QB throwing passes his way. 

I think he is not irreplaceable, but the Titans will definitely miss him if they let him walk out the door. AJ brown was seeing a lot more double coverage the first few weeks until Davis really established himself. 

I'm also a huge Jonnu smith fan. Isn't he a FA as well? 

43 minutes ago, N4L said:

Titans would be wise to keep Corey Davis if they can. Consider me one of the niners fans @Forge was referring to when he said Davis has been a coveted guy around here, so it's no surprise to me that he is finally playing better with an actual, real, NFL QB throwing passes his way. 

I think he is not irreplaceable, but the Titans will definitely miss him if they let him walk out the door. AJ brown was seeing a lot more double coverage the first few weeks until Davis really established himself. 

I'm also a huge Jonnu smith fan. Isn't he a FA as well? 

yeah fully agree with your assessment of davis. he's not a star, but he's a really great fit for us and we will miss him if he walks. 

jonnu is a FA as well and honestly might be more crucial to keep than davis. his receiving numbers have taken a hit since our rash of injuries at left tackle (we're playing a 3rd stringer rn and likely will be for the rest of the year) because he's being kept in to help block more, but he's acquitted himself surprisingly well in that regard. he's grown leaps and bounds as a blocker and we know how much of a weapon he can be as a pass catcher.

right now i'm hoping we can find a way to keep them both- possibly by trading humphries (great on 3rd down but $10m/year is way too rich for him) and letting jayon brown walk (has been really good in years past but lackluster this year and now out for the season- a lot of us are high on his backup, david long, who played very well on sunday), but it'll depend on what kind of money they command and how long finishes the season, among other factors. there's a possibility of also moving on from malcolm butler, who is another big contract, but while he's not an elite corner, he's had a strong season (and at times been the only CB with a pulse on this damn team) and i'm beginning to question whether we'd really be better served without him. lots of big decisions looming this offseason.

Edited by -Hope-

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

According to some rando on Reddit, 33 of his 46 sacks are after 3+ seconds in the pocket. 

This is a bury the lede stat:

There have only been 3 QB seasons where they were sacked 65+ times, the 20 picks is meaningless in this context.

• Two of the three were David Carr behind that awful Texans expansion line. (2002 and 2005)
  • The other was Cunningham running around in 1986
    • This was possibly the worst use of a QB in NFL history.
      • Buddy used Randall as his 3rd and long QB (he also got 5 starts later on in the year)
      • He was sacked 72 times on 347 touches.
      • Those Eagles QBs were sacked 104 times as a QB unit (Randall, Jaws, Cavanaugh, even Byars got a sack on him)

Carr never amounted to much after that rough start. (led the league in being sacked 3 of his first 4 seasons)

Cunningham went on to have 3 MVP level seasons in 1988, 1990, and 1998

• He lost out to Joe Montana's lifetime achievement MVP after 2 Super Bowls in a row in 1990
  • He lost out to TD 2k in 1998.
  • He was actually 2nd in MVP voting in all 3 years 1988, 1990, and 1998
  • You can decide for yourself if Randall's passing + running was better than Boomers passing
    • Hint: The Bengals passing game was a clear 2nd fiddle to their run game
  • He was 80-46 as a starter after that sack-fest 1986 season.
    • He missed 30 starts due to 2 leg injuries (both while in the pocket) and a strike

Long story short, if Wentz plays at Cunningham level after this then I am good with that.

Edited by SkippyX