Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

A diving attempt is not a dropped INT. Neither is an INT overturned by a penalty. Even a Chiefs hater like myself only saw 6, maybe 7.

I'm biased. But I got halfway through the video and saw 2 or 3. I'm sure there's more, but I only watched 1:30ish. People are just reaching for a reason to knock Mahomes down a peg.

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm so glad one of these tweets finally included video. That video just proves how biased the "stat" is. So many of those are not dropped INTs lol.

The first 2 were so pathetic that I stopped watching.

A ball on the ground and a ball that hit the receiver that a db tried to steal.

ROFLMAO!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

A diving attempt is not a dropped INT. Neither is an INT overturned by a penalty. Even a Chiefs hater like myself only saw 6, maybe 7.

I came up with about 4 that looked legit to me. And then obviously the Pats play was crazy fortunate for us, though not really a dropped INT.

16 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm so glad one of these tweets finally included video. That video just proves how biased the "stat" is. So many of those are not dropped INTs lol.

There's ten straight up drops, 3 more bad balls that would have been miracle plays by a diving DB, and 3 more called back by penalty/ruled down. 10 dropped interceptions is a lot. Why is that a controversial thing to say?

Whether or not the 16 count is accurate, there's no denying that Chiefs have been on the receiving end of a decent amount of luck this year. I don't understand why so many people have an issue with that.

Mahomes has played worse than his numbers indicate this year. It happens. He's been lucky with a lot of dropped picks (including several possible game-losing plays), and his TD numbers are flattered by something like 6 "passes" that were essentially forward hand-offs. That's not saying Mahomes is bad, it's not hating anybody, it's just an opinion based on observation.

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

There's ten straight up drops, 3 more bad balls that would have been miracle plays by a diving DB, and 3 more called back by penalty/ruled down. 10 dropped interceptions is a lot. Why is that a controversial thing to say?

Whether or not the 16 count is accurate, there's no denying that Chiefs have been on the receiving end of a decent amount of luck this year. I don't understand why so many people have an issue with that.

Mahomes has played worse than his numbers indicate this year. It happens. He's been lucky with a lot of dropped picks (including several possible game-losing plays), and his TD numbers are flattered by something like 6 "passes" that were essentially forward hand-offs. That's not saying Mahomes is bad, it's not hating anybody, it's just an opinion based on observation.

Because unless you're also counting them as strictly for other QBs in the league and unless you're looking for bad luck as well you can't actually claim this. They said it was 16 with no proof. Then someone added a video it's clearly way less than 16. There's no equivalent tally for other QBs by the people saying it is 16, so counting diving attempts and picks out of bounds, we don't know how many any other QB has had. And there isn't a corresponding count in dropped TDs or TDs called back due to penalty. So the number does not actually give us any information at all, between being inaccurate and lacking context.

There's also not 10 straight drops. You're the only person in the thread so far to say a number higher than like 6 or 7.

Like, if Mahomes has 6 dropped picks, and Rodgers has 4, and Allen has 8, and Brady has 7, has he been lucky, or are we just only looking for this for one guy? If Mahomes has 8 picks dropped or offset by penalty, but also has had 10 TDs dropped or called back by penalty, has he been lucky, or are we just looking at the luck that went in one direction?

This whole thing has been a confirmation biased based witch hunt since week one when there was one nationally televised bad pass that wasn't picked and people who didn't like Mahomes got up in arms about it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

If you apply that rule to Mahomes you gotta apply it to every other QB too. Once you do that, it won't look so obvious and he'll probably be toward the mean in luck. 

Again, those 'forward hand offs' count as TDs for every QB, not just Mahomes. Rodgers and Brady have had their fair share of those too