Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'd agree - I'm not knocking the move, just trying to understand FO rationale given the recent Boyd interview.

I'm not finding many flaws with this FO - aggressive when necessary, doesn't overspend, finds core guys at reasonable prices, consistently finds contributors in 3-5 rounds...

I'm starting to get giddy at the though of Boyd. Moreso than flashier names such as Dorsey or Dimitrioff...

Assuming you guys hire Boyd, I'd imagine Daboll would be the front runner for the HC job. How would you feel about that? As I thought you were very much on the Eric Bieniemy train.

I imagine for you guys it'll either be Boyd and Daboll or Dorsey and Bieniemy. I think I like the first pairing for you guys more.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'd agree - I'm not knocking the move, just trying to understand FO rationale given the recent Boyd interview.

I'm not finding many flaws with this FO - aggressive when necessary, doesn't overspend, finds core guys at reasonable prices, consistently finds contributors in 3-5 rounds...

I'm starting to get giddy at the though of Boyd. Moreso than flashier names such as Dorsey or Dimitrioff...

Absolutely. I think Boyd would be a great hire. The only real qualms I and most Bills fans have with the FO has been not cutting  Trent Murphy in August when they could have saved like 9 million for next year. But I also get why they kept him.

Some fans think we should have kept Lawson and Jordan Phillips but No way was Buffalo paying Phillips 9 million to back up Ed Oliver and Lawson while showed promise wasn’t as refined as Addison as a Pass rusher and the Bills spent less guaranteed on him (albeit he is older).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Assuming you guys hire Boyd, I'd imagine Daboll would be the front runner for the HC job. How would you feel about that? As I thought you were very much on the Eric Bieniemy train.

Daboll isn't my #1 choice, I'm actually on the Robert Selah train - but this changes a bit based on different bits of information that have been coming out lately. (Bienemy is still in my top two, don't get me wrong).

I'd have Daboll just behind Jim Caldwell, who is the safe choice, IMO.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I imagine for you guys it'll either be Boyd and Daboll or Dorsey and Bieniemy. I think I like the first pairing for you guys more.

I could see multiple viewpoints being brought in - part of the fatal error of the Gary Kubiak/Rick Smith connection is they both embraced the Denver model TOO much and were too in synch to a single philosophy - groupthink, if you will. 

A coaching tree that is very SF and a personnel tree that is very Buffalo would lead to a bunch of quality players to supplement a core of high performers, all coached up to execute consistently and play smart, fundamental football.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Daboll isn't my #1 choice, I'm actually on the Robert Selah train - but this changes a bit based on different bits of information that have been coming out lately. (Bienemy is still in my top two, don't get me wrong).

Saleh was the runner up for the Browns job last year, and I was a bit hesitant of him at the time. But he's done a great job with San Francisco's defense despite all of their injuries. Has there been any rumors you guys are interested in him? All I've heard is that Detroit is his most likely destination.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'd have Daboll just behind Jim Caldwell, who is the safe choice, IMO.

I'd prefer Daboll if I were a Houston fan, but Caldwell is certainly the safer choice. I think there's just more upside with Daboll. However, the way the Texans are built, I could understand going with the "safe" option in Caldwell.

I think any of those four would be solid to good hires, though.

Just happy for you guys that BoB is gone. It'd be almost impossible to hire a coach who won't be an improvement from him, IMO.

• Like 1