Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Apparently at some point this year, every nfc east team has held sole possession of first place and last place. I love that

Got that from the ringer fantasy show, so assuming it's legit

I think the *Giants* were in 1st place at 5-7 for a day until WFT played on Monday. (this does not really count IMO)

• I will go as far as end of the week with an extra win because byes don't line up but during the progress of the week's slate of games is lame.

Then they were in 1st based on a tiebreaker, but that's not alone if both teams are 5-7.

Remember when people were offended that the 5-7 Giants with a 4 game win streak having just beat Seattle were not favored at home vs Arizona?

• They dropped the next 3 by 19, 14, and 14

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Poor Herbert.

Looking beyond just the TD pass and passer rating stats:

• Easier schedule
  • Less wins overall
  • Less impressive wins
  • On pace for 30 TDs and 1 pick vs 10 loss teams

Cleary beyond any doubt playing behind the best OL in the league (see the chart above)

• Best run OL (win rate)
  • Best pass OL (win rate)
    • The best run game OL also makes the play action that much better

Green Bay might have the best statistical 11 man passing game. KC has the MVP

Too bad its not 1989 where it would just be passing yards, passing TDs, rating, and record for consideration. Rodgers might have gotten 90% of the vote back then.

14 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

All you have to do is look at the video to see how bias effects people trying to find evidence.

I sparked this conversation because it has seemed that mahomes had gotten a few breaks in this department this season. My original estimate was 5-6 dropped INTs. Seems more than fair after watching that video. 

The chiefs have looked like they are sleepwalking at times this year. They have gotten a few breaks, which is typically what it takes to have a one loss season. Every one loss team in NFL history has had some breaks. So, I get that some people are being overly critical, but let's not pretend the chiefs have been unfairly targeted. 

Chiefs fans bitching about non calls when they do in fact get a lot of calls while also being the darlings of the NFL and also being the defending champions. My response:  world'ssmallestviolin.gif

38 minutes ago, N4L said:

I sparked this conversation because it has seemed that mahomes had gotten a few breaks in this department this season. My original estimate was 5-6 dropped INTs. Seems more than fair after watching that video. 

The chiefs have looked like they are sleepwalking at times this year. They have gotten a few breaks, which is typically what it takes to have a one loss season. Every one loss team in NFL history has had some breaks. So, I get that some people are being overly critical, but let's not pretend the chiefs have been unfairly targeted. 

Chiefs fans bitching about non calls when they do in fact get a lot of calls while also being the darlings of the NFL and also being the defending champions. My response:  world'ssmallestviolin.gif

And yet they're still beating everyone, while y'all are complaining about a fanbase on the internet.

Everyone's blown away that I think people are deliberately looking for a reason to criticize Mahomes, while I've seen like 3 warnings in the past 24 hours for non-Chiefs fans choosing to talk about how much they hate Chiefs fans. Like, how am I supposed to take anyone's criticism seriously, when their criticism is paired with memes, generalizations, and talk about how obnoxious we apparently all are?  Even you can't seem to finish your post without a fake gif meme and a random complaint about Chiefs fans that has nothing to do with the topic. There was literally a subreddit created (before being deleted, anyway) specifically for the purpose of hating on Patrick Mahomes. Everyone has joyously quoted the 16 dropped picks, while the video very clearly shows not 16, and everyone still thinks I'm overreacting when I say people are biased against him. It isn't a conspiracy to say there's bias, when all you have to do is watch the video of like 6 dropped picks that everyone is calling 16. That is bias. You say you think 5 or 6 is fair. So do I. The people I take issue with are the people who can look at that and pretend to see 16 dropped picks, and act like no other QB has picks dropped. If the tweet was, Mahomes has benefitted from 6 dropped interceptions this season, and that ranks Xth amongst QBs, you would hear no complaints from me. At all. When people try to say it's 16, contextless, yeah, I'm going to complain about it.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

@Trentwannabe - curious, why did Buffalo let him get away? I think he was drafted by Buffalo, right?

I think Teller was a victim of timing, he was drafted by this very regime but he wasn't a steady performer from the get go (as a fifth rounder is to be expected)  he was a fan favorite (he looked like Beasley's big twin brother ) and he had shown some glimpses of being at least a solid back-up. With Spain, Feliciano and newly drafted Cody Ford, the Bills FO felt Teller was expendable.  

Cody Ford has struggled at RT and at OG, time will tell if he will ever be a viable starter. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

@Trentwannabe - curious, why did Buffalo let him get away? I think he was drafted by Buffalo, right?

He was solid in 2018 but nothing special. Bills really like Ike Boetteger (current LG) and had signed Quinton Spain, Jon Feliciano and drafted Cody Ford in the 2019 off-season. I think it was just a numbers game and once Beane knew he could get something for him he made the move.

So far I'd say the trade has worked out for both sides. Bills traded that 5th they received from CLE to Min as part of the Diggs trade and the 6th they received was used on Kicker Tyler Bass.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

And yet they're still beating everyone, while y'all are complaining about a fanbase on the internet.

Everyone's blown away that I think people are deliberately looking for a reason to criticize Mahomes, while I've seen like 3 warnings in the past 24 hours for non-Chiefs fans choosing to talk about how much they hate Chiefs fans. Like, how am I supposed to take anyone's criticism seriously, when their criticism is paired with memes, generalizations, and talk about how obnoxious we apparently all are?  Even you can't seem to finish your post without a fake gif meme and a random complaint about Chiefs fans that has nothing to do with the topic. There was literally a subreddit created (before being deleted, anyway) specifically for the purpose of hating on Patrick Mahomes. Everyone has joyously quoted the 16 dropped picks, while the video very clearly shows not 16, and everyone still thinks I'm overreacting when I say people are biased against him. It isn't a conspiracy to say there's bias, when all you have to do is watch the video of like 6 dropped picks that everyone is calling 16. That is bias. You say you think 5 or 6 is fair. So do I. The people I take issue with are the people who can look at that and pretend to see 16 dropped picks, and act like no other QB has picks dropped. If the tweet was, Mahomes has benefitted from 6 dropped interceptions this season, and that ranks Xth amongst QBs, you would hear no complaints from me. At all. When people try to say it's 16, contextless, yeah, I'm going to complain about it.

I mean... it's Patrick Mahomes. All we can do is complain. Let us have that. Please?

(Seriously I respect the Chiefs organization and the fans deserve him. Guy is ridiculous.)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

So far I'd say the trade has worked out for both sides. Bills traded that 5th they received from CLE to Min as part of the Diggs trade and the 6th they received was used on Kicker Tyler Bass.

I'd agree - I'm not knocking the move, just trying to understand FO rationale given the recent Boyd interview.

I'm not finding many flaws with this FO - aggressive when necessary, doesn't overspend, finds core guys at reasonable prices, consistently finds contributors in 3-5 rounds...

I'm starting to get giddy at the though of Boyd. Moreso than flashier names such as Dorsey or Dimitrioff...

• Like 1