News & Notes: Offseason Edition V.2.0.

D82

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

Lmfao. I knew this Danny before I clicked the link, he’s such a ridiculous homer

It’s our best safety tandem since the 2000s but Woods and HHCD are only decent at best.

edit: well I didn’t realize this was coming from PFF but I’m still not buying it. They’re both massive liabilities against the run. Front 7 is gonna have to play a lot better with the back end presumably having to run more Cover 2

Edited by matt79511

On 6/30/2020 at 6:16 PM, D82 said:

This season will be like a strike year.  Complete crap show.  For that reason, I now would prefer signing Clowney, since he's finally open to a 1 year, prove it,  deal.  He's young enough to be motivated to have a career year, and hope to get a big contract out of it.  Then we get a good comp pick.  Griffen at 32 isnt getting a deal next year that would net us a good comp pick.

A few places are saying you guys are interested in David Njoku. Honestly I’d take a 3rd and say F it if I’m Cleveland. 

He was never going to start after what we gave Austin Hooper and we just drafted Harrison Bryant.

Edited by candyman93

33 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

A few places are saying you guys are interested in David Njoku. Honestly I’d take a 3rd and say F it if I’m Cleveland. 

He was never going to start after what we gave Austin Hooper and we just drafted Harrison Bryant.

I think so much the pans on if and when Dallas makes an offer for Jamal Adam's. However Dallas does have or expects to have additional draft picks so perhaps we can get both

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I’d offer a 6th since the world knows he’s on the block. He doesn’t want to be there, and Cleveland already told him how they feel about him with the Hooper signing and drafting Bryant, so his value is very low.

• Like 1

Yeah I have hard time seeing how CLE gets more than a late Day 3 pick for Njoku, it’s not like he’s done much as a pro. Pretty sure he’s been on the verge of being cut outright at times- maybe it was just Rosenhaus leaking that, but still

Edited by matt79511

6 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Yeah I have hard time seeing how CLE gets more than a late Day 3 pick for Njoku, it’s not like he’s done much as a pro. Pretty sure he’s been on the verge of being cut outright at times- maybe it was just Rosenhaus leaking that, but still

Yeah, I'd hold my ground on nothing higher than a 5th for Njoku. Otherwise, just wait it out until Cleveland inevitably cuts him.

• Like 1