Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

I think we need more than a stud LB to be a legit Super Bowl team, but a stud LB would definitely help.

Here's a good exercise, look at the Saints D and the Bucs D in this game. What do they have that the Browns don't and go get that..

First thing I notice is both teams have aggressive players at LB/CB/S. Both have guys who attack, play fast and hit. I can't say that for a single player on the Browns defense including Ward.

If the Browns don't have 5 new starters on their LB/S/CB corp next year I'll be upset but there is definitely a 'type' there to go after.

Smart, physical and play downhill.

33 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I think we need more than a stud LB to be a legit Super Bowl team, but a stud LB would definitely help.

Well we have delpit and hopefully greedy back next year. So we shouldn’t need more than depth in the secondary. DL is ok with what we got. It would be nice to replace Larry o with someone more consistent and a new DE but we don’t really need to. LB is where we are incredibly weak at. 

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Well we have delpit and hopefully greedy back next year. So we shouldn’t need more than depth in the secondary. DL is ok with what we got. It would be nice to replace Larry o with someone more consistent and a new DE but we don’t really need to. LB is where we are incredibly weak at. 

We still don't know what we have in Greedy, but I'm not comfortable going into next year with him as the starter. I think we need to at least bring in competition.

With Elliott and Richardson, we'd be okay at DT, but we could definitely use an upgrade.

And we definitely need another top pass rusher. Vernon likely won't be back and while Clayborn and Gustin are solid depth players, they're not someone you want starting every week.

But I'd agree that getting a top LB would be at the top of my wish list.

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Would you guys trade Odell for Myles jack? Jack can play all over the field. Great cover Lb and reliable tackler. Urb is going to want a big play WR for offense and new rookie qb. 

After seeing our WRs struggle in man coverage, maybe. If you asked me before today I would have said yes.

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

After seeing our WRs struggle in man coverage, maybe. If you asked me before today I would have said yes.

I really want to see Odell one more time but we need help desperately on defense. Myles should help in coverage. I don’t know much more about him outside of that though. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Way to miss the point. We use to pay overs compared to what other teams have to pay

I think it is a flawed premise, for A tier players we arent getting a discount, rather players who are concerned with winning will come here. 

TJ Macdonald a b tier free agent signed with the ravens for less due to coaching and or winning. 

Kevin zeitler came here for top dollar  the prize of the free agent class because he wanted $$. 

If that class of free agents came by today we could probably get zeitler for top dollar and tj Macdonald at or below the same price for the ravens. 

With where we are cap wise I will be surprised if we get one of the top 10 free agents. What I expect are more ro nie Harrison and wyatt teller style trades. Picking up under utilized guys on rookie contracts. Or free agent signings like money mitch, the c tier guy that is paid correctly and evaluated correctly.

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think it is a flawed premise, for A tier players we arent getting a discount, rather players who are concerned with winning will come here. 

TJ Macdonald a b tier free agent signed with the ravens for less due to coaching and or winning. 

Kevin zeitler came here for top dollar  the prize of the free agent class because he wanted $$. 

If that class of free agents came by today we could probably get zeitler for top dollar and tj Macdonald at or below the same price for the ravens. 

With where we are cap wise I will be surprised if we get one of the top 10 free agents. What I expect are more ro nie Harrison and wyatt teller style trades. Picking up under utilized guys on rookie contracts. Or free agent signings like money mitch, the c tier guy that is paid correctly and evaluated correctly.

I agree with who we target and we are still not going to have to pay as much as we use to

Just now, hornbybrown said:

I agree with who we target and we are still not going to have to pay as much as we use to

I just cant remember us over paying relative to the market.

We got conklin for a relatively cheaply in hindsight  an all pro tackle goes for more than 14 million. 

Zeitler was probably about right too. 

Hooper at 4 years 40 million is ok considering his blocking, and imo bronk depressed the te market with his team friendly deals in new england.

The biggest over pay imo was jarvis landry.

• Like 1