Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:
1 hour ago, buno67 said:

If this was last season, I would prolly trade for Watson. Now, no way. Baker is living up to the #1 overall pick IMO. Next years might be really special 

Given the trend of this system, he could put up MVP caliber type of numbers.

It's weird, I honestly don't see a different QB from his rookie year, to last year to this year. I see better situations and sometimes he gets hot and sometimes he gets fooled but I see very little difference.

I'm all in on Baker, Have been since the draft and have no reason yet to change my mind but I don't honestly see what people didn't like in year one/year two that is showing up this year that changed their mind. The situation changed a lot more than the QB changed. Yeah, he does a couple things slightly better but that's probably just from experience and being in a position to be comfortable.

The most encouraging thing from Baker this year is that last year didn't break him.

Otherwise, he hasn't taken any huge leaps. He is mostly accurate. He has a lot of zip. He has good movement. He is fiery. He is a good leader. That was true his rookie season.

How you doin'

23 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It's weird, I honestly don't see a different QB from his rookie year, to last year to this year. I see better situations and sometimes he gets hot and sometimes he gets fooled but I see very little difference.

I'm all in on Baker, Have been since the draft and have no reason yet to change my mind but I don't honestly see what people didn't like in year one/year two that is showing up this year that changed their mind. The situation changed a lot more than the QB changed. Yeah, he does a couple things slightly better but that's probably just from experience and being in a position to be comfortable.

The most encouraging thing from Baker this year is that last year didn't break him.

Otherwise, he hasn't taken any huge leaps. He is mostly accurate. He has a lot of zip. He has good movement. He is fiery. He is a good leader. That was true his rookie season.

How you doin'

Something I was completely and utterly wrong about: How the league is changing.

Before 2017, I was under the assumption the league was going to be spread offense and heavy zone read. Which meant you needed an athletic QB. I was half right. You need a slightly athletic QB, but he needs to be a QB first.

This is where Baker comes in. He’s never been a dink and dunk gimmicky spread offense QB. He stretches the field and hits the middle routes very well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bruceb said:

It must be the drink.

I do be drinking, but to be honest he hasn't evolved at the rate I had hoped for.

He is good, but he came into the league good. His arm talent is elite. He moves well enough to aid in that. I thought he would be running his offense by now. That may have something to do with the number of systems he has played for though. We just haven't seen the best of Baker yet. Fortunately this year at least gives us another year with him and that may be enough for the coach to trust in what he does best and run the system he is best in.

Baker is good in our system with a receiving corps

Pick 6 Ravens go down 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

I do be drinking, but to be honest he hasn't evolved at the rate I had hoped for.

He is good, but he came into the league good. His arm talent is elite. He moves well enough to aid in that. I thought he would be running his offense by now. That may have something to do with the number of systems he has played for though. We just haven't seen the best of Baker yet. Fortunately this year at least gives us another year with him and that may be enough for the coach to trust in what he does best and run the system he is best in.

Baker is good in our system with a receiving corps

receiving corps... that isn't great at getting separation. He is forced to throw into too many tight windows.

Sorry, got excited about Lamar throwing a 102 yard pick 6.

Really don't wanna face the Bills but really happy if the Ravens can get eliminated because I don't want them to have a chance at a championship.

16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

"He's really grown up before our eyes.”

-- Andrew Berry

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2021/01/15/cleveland-browns-gm-andrew-berry-very-pleased-qb-baker-mayfield/4174065001/

More than I expected.

19 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pick 6 is my favorite play.

JJ Watt reportedly and very understandably wants out of Houston. If he was willing to redo his deal to more in the 10 million a year range are we interested? Would be ideal across from Garret in pass rush situations. Vernon is going to battle at his age to comeback from a Achilles injury