Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Harris looked light years away last year

By far the worst of our 2and team line. 

Blake, Dunn, hubbard, all looked much better. Dunn and Blake chance could probably handle center too.

I am optimistic about Forbes too, harris fighting for his spot.

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

Harris looked light years away last year

He did, but he was also just 21 and an obvious project when we took him.

I said when we took him he was likely a 2 year project.  He needs to work on his body and lose some the fat and get stronger, which takes time.

He needs to show some improvement this season for sure to even be considered a potential replacement for Tretter.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Other than Kevin Johnson, Braylon Edwards, and Josh Gordon you’re right. 😂 

Crazy, looking up the stats. In our franchise history, we only have 15 players ever top 1000+ Reciving yard in a season, 4 of them are TEs too. Winslow, Barnage, ans Newsome 2x

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I said when we took him he was likely a 2 year project.  He needs to work on his body and lose some the fat and get stronger, which takes time.

He needs to show some improvement this season for sure to even be considered a potential replacement for Tretter.

True but we also had street FAs come in, who had zero time in the offense or what so ever, look better than him. Harris was also labeled as the idea fit. Dont have much faith in him

Just now, buno67 said:

Crazy, looking up the stats. In our franchise history, we only have 15 players ever top 1000+ Reciving yard in a season, 4 of them are TEs too. Winslow, Barnage, ans Newsome 2x

I mean, it’s not easy to get 1k yards when you have a bag of arseholes throwing you the ball.

Any good receiver will produce with Mayfield.

That said, Stefanski’s offense isn’t really designed to get one guy a mess of catches.  He’s going to spread it around.  Backs and TE’s are featured more in our offense than others.

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

True but we also had street FAs come in, who had zero time in the offense or what so ever, look better than him. Harris was also labeled as the idea fit. Dont have much faith in him

The line class is deep so I am looking at the Browns to draft one high.

Maybe a 3rd and a 4th to get Matthews for center .

Also if Rasheed Walker tackle Penn state

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Also wasn’t playing C when he did play.

• Like 1

I’m keeping Wyatt over Joel. Although we should try to keep both honestly. Keep that group together for 3 years. Be like the 90’s Broncos or 80’s Redskins.

Makes me excited about James Hudson.

While Hudson is unquestionably raw at the position, his blend of size, length, power, mobility, and aggressiveness makes him an exciting piece of moldable clay to develop. Make no mistake about it, he has considerable work ahead in improving his hand technique, footwork, weight distribution, and timing, but his ceiling is notably high should it all come together.

Hudson may not be a contributor early in his career but has the makings of being a starter by Year 3. Despite notable room for growth, Hudson shines when it comes to the “developmental offensive lineman” label and he could pay big dividends for the team that is willing to draft and develop him. 

Edited by candyman93

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

Hance and Dunn. Hance was the street FA and Dunn was a PS player. Both looked better that Harris IMO

That’s fair, but both are 4-5 years older also and have had time to develop their bodies.

I don’t think anyone expected Harris to be the best available guy last year, hence being a developmental player.  That said, if he’s able to recomposition his body and keep his movement skills and ability, he’ll likely be a far better player than either of those two. 

All I’m saying is you can’t look at a single rookie season worth of tape on a young, developmental player and come to any conclusions.