Browns General Discussion

candyman93

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Looking at the Patriots and it’s got me thinking.

Nightmare scenario: Offense struggles and it’s just not working for our passing game.

Do we try to move OBJ and Jarvis? It would be incredibly easy. I’d be looking at Green Bay and New England.

Odell is a moving piece in that situation for sure. If we trade Jarvis the life goes out of this team. 

Ravens vs Browns is going to be a ground and pound to death game.

The #1 thing I can absolutely promise will happen the first few weeks for every NFL team is bad tackling. Which means teams that like to run it will have a massive advantage early in the year.

Nick Chubb is the most difficult dude to tackle in the entire NFL. Kareem is top 5 in that area.

Edited by candyman93

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ravens vs Browns is going to be a ground and pound to death game.

The #1 thing I can absolutely promise will happen the first few weeks for every NFL team is bad tackling. Which means teams that like to run it will have a massive advantage early in the year.

Nick Chubb is the most difficult dude to tackle in the entire NFL. Kareem is top 5 in that area.

I'm not sure what we have done personnel-wise on defense to improve defending Lamar Jackson from last year. 

I don't like our linebacking unit or ability to match up with tight ends on paper.  Wish I felt better about that outlook.  Hopefully we are at least better through the air.  I agree, pound the rock with those backs.  Will be fun to watch if we actually use our personnel appropriately. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I'm not sure what we have done personnel-wise on defense to improve defending Lamar Jackson from last year. 

I don't like our linebacking unit or ability to match up with tight ends on paper.  Wish I felt better about that outlook.  Hopefully we are at least better through the air.  I agree, pound the rock with those backs.  Will be fun to watch if we actually use our personnel appropriately. 

Takitaki to spy vs lamar on 3rd down. He is the fastest defender we have outside of our corners and myles most likely.

26 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

This will surprise you, but Taki has looked good. BJ Goodson has been okay. 

This is a 9-7 playoff team. They will have incredibly high moments that get you super hyped. Then some bad moments. This will be a much better team than last year.

OBJ has been fantastic. He hasn’t had any bad moments. Kareem has been fantastic and I hope he’s used like Christian Mccaffery. Nick has been Nick. Harrison Bryant has been a monster.

Baker has been up and down. I give him a C+ grade, but I’d understand somebody giving him a B-. He’s not going to throw the amount of INTs he did last year. Stefanski won’t let him because of Case.

The offensive line looks good. That includes Nick Harris. I haven’t heard anything bad said about Nick. Jedrick Wills is the only guy I’ve heard is struggling. Heck even Wyatt Teller has been solid.

Here’s what scares me:

Our secondary looked really, really good in camp, but injuries have killed them.

We have no consistent pass rush outside of Myles. Vernon isn’t doing anything. Clayborn had a couple of good practices. Sheldon and Larry looked okay.

Our linebackers suck outside of Sione and Goodson. 

Edited by candyman93

@candyman I'm just tempering my enthusiasm.  Last year cut me deep.  All the off-season adds, draftees, I had high hopes for.  For guys this year, they are going to have to show me during the regular season before I get excited.  I do hope Taki takes a big step.  We need all the help we can get at linebacker and could use development from both him and Mack. 

• Like 1