Jets S Jamal Adams demands trade

RaidersAreOne

34 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

How does this speak to the bolded? Cherry picking 101..

Where did you come up with the first list...lol? Why choose middling contracts when his stats are equally comparable to those with higher salaries? Why try and compare stats at all if you're considering different positions (Is Whitney giving me 500+ coverage snaps in addition to the "similar numbers")? Why not show when these contracts were signed & account for inflation to project market value? 

You realize how incredibly arbitrary this all is? Same exercise to suggest he's actual worth closer to $20M...

Khalil Mack: $23,500,000... 40 Solo Tackles, 0 INTs, 8.5 Sacks, 5 FF, 4 PD, 8 TFL
Darius Slay: $16,830,00.....

....So on and so forth. All you're doing is picking contracts to fit a narrative... What makes Whitney Mercilus a better statistical comparison than Mack? There's no context here. 

these are defensive players with very similar production.  I didn't do the research... an NFL analyst did.  It shows conclusively that Adams is worth no where near his demands.  You wanna be the highest paid safety in the NFL?  Fine.  You get about $17 million and 1. wait until there is one, not TWO years left on your contract.  2. Stop comparing your worth to guys like Donald and Brady and get a handle on positional importance and reality in the NFL.  The team that suckers into giving him a huge pay day will be spending its money inefficiently despite the fact that Adams is a good safety.  

The fact that Adams is making his demands while teams have no clue what the implications of Covid are on 2020 revenues and 2021 cap.  Best move is to wait and see and Adams can't handle it.  Poor baby.

11 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

1. literally your best player is unhappy. (which is pretty hard to do)

2. lies to said star player

3. 0 communication with star player

Doesn't sound like a great team to pitch to a FA does it?

1.  Poor reasoning.  He is entering year 4 of a 5 year deal.  Unless you are a franchise QB, Edge defender or even CB, you dont get a new deal until you are in your contract year.  Player alleged "unhappiness" is 100% irrelevant and a manipulation.

2.  Where do you get your facts from?  He was not lied to.  No one told him he was going to get a deal this year.  He was only told that it would be discussed and that was prior to pandemic hitting.  ANd there was a discussion.  No doubt that the number was so outrageous that it tabled immediately when the shut downs began.  You are so easily manipulated by Jamal's lies....  LOL. Exactly what he hopes for too.  We fans can be so gullible and downright insipid. 

3. More nonsense.  I guess you believe whatever comes out of his mouth.  Never mind.  not worth it.

Edited by dcat

3 minutes ago, dcat said:

these are defensive players with very similar production.  I didn't do the research... an NFL analyst did.  It shows conclusively that Adams is worth no where near his demands.  You wanna be the highest paid safety in the NFL?  Fine.  You get about $17 million and 1. wait until there is one, not TWO years left on your contract.  2. Stop comparing your worth to guys like Donald and Brady and get a handle on positional importance and reality in the NFL.  The team that suckers into giving him a huge pay day will be spending its money inefficiently despite the fact that Adams is a good safety.  

The fact that Adams is making his demands while teams have no clue what the implications of Covid are on 2020 revenues and 2021 cap.  Best move is to wait and see and Adams can't handle it.  Poor baby.

This couldn't be further from the truth. I don't know who did the research but it's entirely subjective & it doesn't take much to realize that. You could swap anyone of those players for someone else with "similar production" and a much higher salary (See Mack/Whitney). You can't you possibly think this list illustrates anything conclusively?  

@canadaluvsdallas are you implying that Jamal Adams was treated unfairly by the Jets? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This isn't the NBA, where dudes get to whine and cry their way to whatever teams they want. Jamal Adams is being a little tw@t in this case.

1. He's demanding a ridiculous contract that is like 15% more than the richest S contract of all-time.

2. He's demanding to be traded.

3. Oh, and by the way, he's demanding to be sent to a list of teams he hand-selected.

4. Oh, and by the way, all of those teams are cherrypicked title contenders (& Dallas).

5. Oh, and by the way, he's still on his freaking rookie contract.

It's one thing if you're a free agent. He is not. Demanding to be traded and then giving the team that drafted you a list of acceptable destinations is a ***** move. 

I no longer have any respect for Jamal Adams as a man. He's a whiny child that is going to set a very dangerous precedent for NFL teams. If I'm the Jets, I think I tell him to go F himself. I would 100% not trade him to Dallas and give him his wish. I'd trade him only to bum squads.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

@canadaluvsdallas are you implying that Jamal Adams was treated unfairly by the Jets? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This isn't the NBA, where dudes get to whine and cry their way to whatever teams they want. Jamal Adams is being a little tw@t in this case.

1. He's demanding a ridiculous contract that is like 15% more than the richest S contract of all-time.

2. He's demanding to be traded.

3. Oh, and by the way, he's demanding to be sent to a list of teams he hand-selected.

4. Oh, and by the way, all of those teams are cherrypicked title contenders (& Dallas).

5. Oh, and by the way, he's still on his freaking rookie contract.

It's one thing if you're a free agent. He is not. Demanding to be traded and then giving the team that drafted you a list of acceptable destinations is a ***** move. 

I no longer have any respect for Jamal Adams as a man. He's a whiny child that is going to set a very dangerous precedent for NFL teams. If I'm the Jets, I think I tell him to go F himself. I would 100% not trade him to Dallas and give him his wish. I'd trade him only to bum squads.

So it basically comes down to which league he is in that dictates how people feel about his decision to ask for more money?

Trust me I know very well right now about a player asking more money than he is worth but market value never lies.

Im mostly been pro player so I actually do support the NBA and it's players mentality to play wherever they wish to play because honestly this isnt a dictatorship.

If a player decides he/she current organization is not treating them well they have every right to speak up and demand their requests. Their careers only last given few years and the organizations will continue far and above beyond them.

ALSO why are we fellow Jets fans so quick to dismiss his claims?  @dcat @KingOfTheDot. Aren't you his fans? Yeah I wish to believe the statements Jamal is putting out there. It's fine to NOT believe his statements but if you are not going to fulfill his wishes and hold onto him for spite then that speaks volumes about your organization. He's always been a player that has been honest about his claims and opinions since he entered the NFL draft.

Long list of why the Jets organization does not indeed deserve a player like Jamal Adams. Every day his discontent for the organization continues and everyday it will become a longer issue then it needs to be. You would think the team that has acquired Leveon Bell would know any better to get into a situation like this ala steelers situation.

Wake Up FELLAS. Pandemic is NOT an excuse to ignore contract negotiations. Business and player relations can still be conducted through MANY other mediums.

Many of us on here have not been devoid of our day to day responsibilities because of the pandemic and if anything our responsibilities as an ADULT to our co workers and organizations have only grown endless.

I see very sorry *** excuses and NONE that have been pro player so far. Only builds Adams case.

Sure go tell Jamal Adams to F himself. NOT A GOOD LOOK THOUGH JUST SAYING. He's one of the premium young talents in the league at the secondary position.

Not pleasing your best players on the roster never goes well. We can all sit here and pretend Juju Smith S & James Conner have succeeded Antonio Brown & Le'veon Bell well but that wouldn't be honest would it. They can't hold a candle to how elite AB and LV were together.

Treating your players well goes well above money! Open and clear communication is key! J E T S

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Long list of why the Jets organization does not indeed deserve a player like Jamal Adams. Every day his discontent for the organization continues and everyday it will become a longer issue then it needs to be. You would think the team that has acquired Leveon Bell would know any better to get into a situation like this ala steelers situation.

Not pleasing your best players on the roster never goes well. We can all sit here and pretend Juju Smith S & James Conner have succeeded Antonio Brown & Le'veon Bell well but that wouldn't be honest would it. They can't hold a candle to how elite AB and LV were together.

Treating your players well goes well above money! Open and clear communication is key! J E T S

Bolded being the optimal word here...

http://pfref.com/tiny/pwULI

http://pfref.com/tiny/rYwO1

...and comparing those two situations to this one has zero basis...neither of them had 2 years remaining on their Rookie deal, and had actually played more than one or MAYBE two elite seasons in their career to date.

Remind me again...how many 2017 1st Rd picks have negotiated a 2nd Contract already?  One??

It's Jamal Adams who is not 'endearing' himself to the league with this behavior; it's not the on the Jets to make a rookie-contract player with 2 remaining years 'happy'...

Adams is ALREADY in the top half of paid SS in the league, and makes nearly 2.5x more than an 'equally productive' (if not more) 2017 1st Rd pick, who is at a position of higher importance in TJ Watt, and there's no silliness coming out of that camp.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

ALSO why are we fellow Jets fans so quick to dismiss his claims?  @dcat @KingOfTheDot. Aren't you his fans? Yeah I wish to believe the statements Jamal is putting out there. It's fine to NOT believe his statements but if you are not going to fulfill his wishes and hold onto him for spite then that speaks volumes about your organization. He's always been a player that has been honest about his claims and opinions since he entered the NFL draft.

If it were truly a contract dispute, why is he willing to play elsewhere without said contract? Why does he have a list of teams consisting only of Super Bowl favorites? Why would he burn down every bridge to force a trade, assuming this is just about money, right? Why are YOU so quick to dismiss Joe Douglas who's constantly reiterated his intention to sign Jamal long-term, despite ample opportunities to move him?

I've advocated on behalf of Jamal more than anyone on here....But, there's really no way to objectively take his side in this situation. Poke fun at the Jets all you want..I'll take it you'd praise the organization if we traded him to the Cowboys? Funny how that works.

If rookie contracts start becoming meaningless because players would rather join contenders, league wide parity will take a hit...And, while I'm typically pro player mobility, without parity, viewership/ratings/$$ will inevitably go down directly impacting player salaries. Jamal still has two years left on his rookie deal!!!

These requests & proceeding actions are unprecedented and yet you believe the Jets are automatically wrong to not oblige???

It's extremely rare for there to be a consensus favoring Jets management... Take the hint!

• Like 2

On 6/22/2020 at 12:16 PM, RuskieTitan said:

The LeBron mentality. If I can't win with my drafted team I want to go where I can.

Which I'm not necessarily against, but I mean he's been in the league for only 3 years..give it a couple more years and at least honor your rookie contract, no? 

Different sport but Lebron gave it 7 years in Cleveland before deciding to make a move.

Darnold is still young and has a high ceiling and with a couple good drafts Jets could be back in contention, especially with Brady out of the div/conference now.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 10:27 AM, dcat said:

Unless you are a franchise QB, Edge defender or even CB, you dont get a new deal until you are in your contract year.  

Someone should tell Christian McCaffrey, Todd Gurley, OBJ, Luke Kuechly, Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, and the like, that they owe their teams money. Their first contract extensions never happened, I guess.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2020 at 3:56 PM, JetsFan15 said:

Love Jamal as a player but sorry this is wrong .... Revis, Klecko, Gastinaue, Ellis, Abraham .. just to name a few who were great for a long time. 

i did forget about Revis. Others idk i dont follow the jets and im younger so they might be older generations

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Someone should tell Christian McCaffrey, Todd Gurley, OBJ, Luke Kuechly, Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, and the like, that they owe their teams money. Their first contract extensions never happened, I guess.

I'd be very surprised if Kittle's extension isn't done before the season starts as well. He's been quiet, but if I were him there's no way in hell I'm playing on his current deal this year. 

• Like 1