Hall of Fame Game Canceled

SpacemanSpiff

Lol y'all better be praying for science to pull through if you want a season, NFL and college (the latter definitely isn't happening). That's the only way it's going to happen. If we do, it definitely won't be it's normal starting time. 

Edited by JTagg7754

47 minutes ago, August4th said:

NFL season gonna be hard to go smoothly during this, but imagine college football trying to have a season? I think I'm already in the mindset that college football won't happen

We need the XFL so that some of these would-be Seniors - or even some Juniors who are declaring early - can go the Kenny Robinson route and play some more pre-draft football without playing NCAA football.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

If there aren't any fans, Green Bay businesses would be in the same situation as if there were not a season, no?

Will still be a big hit sure, but I can tell you if the game is still going on in that stadium, there will still be thousands of people who travel to that town for tailgating in the vicinity of the field and then watching the game at a watering hole. Still enough to get them by I hope. 

I don’t think this announcement really changes anything. There’s no reason to have meaningless games at this point. 

We have to consider that activities such as driving are more fatal to young people than the virus. Obviously it's important to consider the risk of young people infecting those at higher risk. That's why mask-wearing is extremely important, especially with regard to asymptomatic transmission. The greatest risk of transmission, assuming proper mitigation, is among the players. This is why frequent testing will be important. Is it foolproof? No. The goal is to reduce transmission as much as possible. If we're looking for a guarantee, we wouldn't even consider a season.

Money vs Life is a false dichotomy. The NFL will likely get this done, yes because of the $$, but if they do it, they will do it right. No, not out of the goodness of their hearts. It is paramount that they do it right the first time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DutchFalcon said:

Oh no not the HOF game. Such a tragedy! How are people going to complain pre-season is just pure garbage without this superbowl of pre-season games?

I know, RIGHT?! The HOF game sure was entertaining/auspicious for the 2018 Arizona Cardinals and the 2019 Denver Broncos.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I know, RIGHT?! The HOF game sure was entertaining/auspicious for the 2018 Arizona Cardinals and the 2019 Denver Broncos.

Tbh I'm still recovering from the lack of a HOF game in 2016. If only for that game to get dailed in I'm sure the Packers would have won another SB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

Tbh I'm still recovering from the lack of a HOF game in 2016. If only for that game to get dailed in I'm sure the Packers would have won another SB.

The Rams/Chiefs 2018 Clash of Colossi was moved due to field concerns, as well. Perhaps had they played in Mexico City, the Chiefs would have narrowly beaten the Rams and gone to the Super Bowl to get clipped by the Patriots. And then in early 2020, the Rams would have gone on a miraculous postseason run, beating other teams in a series of comebacks before winning the Super Bowl against the Ravens.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

The Rams/Chiefs 2018 Clash of Colossi was moved due to field concerns, as well. Perhaps had they played in Mexico City, the Chiefs would have narrowly beaten the Rams and gone to the Super Bowl to get clipped by the Patriots. And then in early 2020, the Rams would have gone on a miraculous postseason run, beating other teams in a series of comebacks before winning the Super Bowl against the Ravens.

Chiefs vs Patriots Superbowl?????

I don't think it works that way.