Jump to content
SpacemanSpiff

Hall of Fame Game Canceled

Recommended Posts

NFL season gonna be hard to go smoothly during this, but imagine college football trying to have a season? I think I'm already in the mindset that college football won't happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lol y'all better be praying for science to pull through if you want a season, NFL and college (the latter definitely isn't happening). That's the only way it's going to happen. If we do, it definitely won't be it's normal starting time. 

Edited by JTagg7754

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, August4th said:

NFL season gonna be hard to go smoothly during this, but imagine college football trying to have a season? I think I'm already in the mindset that college football won't happen

We need the XFL so that some of these would-be Seniors - or even some Juniors who are declaring early - can go the Kenny Robinson route and play some more pre-draft football without playing NCAA football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can thank all of those people who are not taking this C19 issue as serious as they should have been from the jump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

If there aren't any fans, Green Bay businesses would be in the same situation as if there were not a season, no?

Will still be a big hit sure, but I can tell you if the game is still going on in that stadium, there will still be thousands of people who travel to that town for tailgating in the vicinity of the field and then watching the game at a watering hole. Still enough to get them by I hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

If there aren't any fans, Green Bay businesses would be in the same situation as if there were not a season, no?

no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think this announcement really changes anything. There’s no reason to have meaningless games at this point. 

We have to consider that activities such as driving are more fatal to young people than the virus. Obviously it's important to consider the risk of young people infecting those at higher risk. That's why mask-wearing is extremely important, especially with regard to asymptomatic transmission. The greatest risk of transmission, assuming proper mitigation, is among the players. This is why frequent testing will be important. Is it foolproof? No. The goal is to reduce transmission as much as possible. If we're looking for a guarantee, we wouldn't even consider a season.

Money vs Life is a false dichotomy. The NFL will likely get this done, yes because of the $$, but if they do it, they will do it right. No, not out of the goodness of their hearts. It is paramount that they do it right the first time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 12:17 PM, BigD88 said:

Why was Dallas selected for the HOF game again?

Living in the past and playing meaningless games: what is more Dallas Cowboys than that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no not the HOF game. Such a tragedy! How are people going to complain pre-season is just pure garbage without this superbowl of pre-season games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DutchFalcon said:

Oh no not the HOF game. Such a tragedy! How are people going to complain pre-season is just pure garbage without this superbowl of pre-season games?

I know, RIGHT?! The HOF game sure was entertaining/auspicious for the 2018 Arizona Cardinals and the 2019 Denver Broncos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK guys, the HOF game isn't great, but it's going to be different not having it as the football is (kind of) back moment. I personally get pretty excited from the start of the day of up to 8 minutes into the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I know, RIGHT?! The HOF game sure was entertaining/auspicious for the 2018 Arizona Cardinals and the 2019 Denver Broncos.

Tbh I'm still recovering from the lack of a HOF game in 2016. If only for that game to get dailed in I'm sure the Packers would have won another SB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

Tbh I'm still recovering from the lack of a HOF game in 2016. If only for that game to get dailed in I'm sure the Packers would have won another SB.

The Rams/Chiefs 2018 Clash of Colossi was moved due to field concerns, as well. Perhaps had they played in Mexico City, the Chiefs would have narrowly beaten the Rams and gone to the Super Bowl to get clipped by the Patriots. And then in early 2020, the Rams would have gone on a miraculous postseason run, beating other teams in a series of comebacks before winning the Super Bowl against the Ravens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

The Rams/Chiefs 2018 Clash of Colossi was moved due to field concerns, as well. Perhaps had they played in Mexico City, the Chiefs would have narrowly beaten the Rams and gone to the Super Bowl to get clipped by the Patriots. And then in early 2020, the Rams would have gone on a miraculous postseason run, beating other teams in a series of comebacks before winning the Super Bowl against the Ravens.

Chiefs vs Patriots Superbowl?????

 I don't think it works that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Piquel said:

Chiefs vs Patriots Superbowl?????

 I don't think it works that way.

It would be Chiefs versus Saints or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×