Patriots sign QB Cam Newton

Apparition

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Youre really reaching because of one number?

He probably meant 11-15.   

That's kind of my point... I don't see a big difference between 10 and 15 so I was confused by the change in tone between a post made yesterday and earlier today. Cam Newton falls into the category of an easily above average QB at a position loaded with elite players.

Edited by DoleINGout

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

You called healthy Cam Newton top 10-15 then said he probably has never been top 10 except for one season... so I am confused bro.

So, he's somewhere in this range: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15.

One year, he was somewhere here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

This better? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

That's kind of my point... I don't see a big difference between 10 and 15 so I was confused by the change in tone between a post made yesterday and earlier today. Cam Newton falls into the category of an easily above average QB at a position loaded with elite players.

not-sure-if-semantics

So, you agree with what I'm saying, you're just arguing semantics. Glad we could help.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, he's somewhere in this range: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15.

One year, he was somewhere here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

This better? 

There just seems like there's an inconsistency between the two posts I quoted which confuses me. In the first one it felt like you were declaring Newton as this obvious top QB by putting him in that arbitrary 10-15 range... but then to follow up and essentially agree that Cam is overrated and above average felt as though your conviction changed from what seemed like a strong initial reaction when the news broke last night. It just came across as contradictory to me and I didn't think it was that rude to ask for clarification.

9 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

You can disagree without condescension. I personally feel the timing of the super strict Patriots signing a star QB who has a known drama tax which gets everyone talking the same day they receive a punishment for suspected cheating yet again is a bit too juicy to totally ignore. Why didn’t they announce signing Cam on a weekday, or a week ago? Or sometime during this coming week/ month if they were playing the patient game? 

Peter King has guest writers for his FMIA article and this week is Joe Browne a 50 year PR veteran who worked with Rozelle, Tags and Goodell

Here's what he wrote today:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/28/fmia-guest-joe-browne-afl-nfl-merger/

"I think I was a little surprised by the timing of the news that quarterback Cam Newton signed with the Patriots. Having the story break on an offseason Sunday evening is not the smartest way to  generate favorable publicity. However, it all quickly made sense when I heard later Sunday night that the Pats again were being fined and disciplined by the league office for filming an opponent’s sideline during a game. You learn in Public Relations 101 that you always try to overshadow really negative news by putting out a positive item at the same time."

• Like 1

Josh McDaniels won a playoff game with Tim Tebow.

This defense is still loaded with talent.

If Cam is healthy he does not have to improve on 6 Lombardis.

He just has to be better than an 88 rated passer (24 TDs 8 picks 4000 yards) with 34 yards rushing and 3 rushing TDs. (Brady last year)

• Like 2

On 6/28/2020 at 8:01 PM, PatriotsWin! said:

.... interesting...

Rather roll with Stidham but who knows maybe Newton isn't completely washed up yet. Hoping for the best but not overly excited tbh.

There's two men HIGHLY motivated to prove everyone wrong

Both Cam and McDaniels and Josh's system fits Cam's strengths very well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Josh McDaniels won a playoff game with Tim Tebow.

This defense is still loaded with talent.

If Cam is healthy he does not have to improve on 6 Lombardis.

He just has to be better than an 88 rated passer (24 TDs 8 picks 4000 yards) with 34 yards rushing and 3 rushing TDs. (Brady last year)

The defense front 7 had some serious question marks. One injury to the oline im not sure how that unit would look.  The matt cassel and tim tebow rosters was better than the pats one this year.  I think bills take division with ease unless injuries derail them. 

12 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

There just seems like there's an inconsistency between the two posts I quoted which confuses me. In the first one it felt like you were declaring Newton as this obvious top QB by putting him in that arbitrary 10-15 range... but then to follow up and essentially agree that Cam is overrated and above average felt as though your conviction changed from what seemed like a strong initial reaction when the news broke last night. It just came across as contradictory to me and I didn't think it was that rude to ask for clarification.

I don't know what to tell you, tbh. That "10-15" that has you confused is my indicator that I'm thinking middle ground - he's not in Mahomes/Jackson/Watson range, but he's not exactly at the bottom of the barrel. 

He's closer to 16 than he is 1 or 32. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 8:41 PM, Jakuvious said:

Honest question here. Is he the best QB in the division?

How DARE you disrespect the Fitzmagic

Best QB is FITZY

Best RQBS = Scam  then Allen

then there is Darnold somewhere in the horizon

What is with everyone blowing this Cam to the Pats stuff out of the water?

dont get me wrong , Cam is good, Panthers are idiots for going with TeddyB over him lol but ill take it

BUT if hes healthy AND thats an IF, it just isnt a good fit in NE

unless Mcdaniels is going to change everything and make this a Ravens style offense , then i still think the Pats are an 8-8 team

lets not forget that Scam has never been a very accurate QB  AND THEN LETS NOT FORGET that the Pats have trash at WR other than a grey beard in Edelman 

WHO IS HE GOING TO THROW TO??? Cam has never been a QB that would elevate his WRs

So unless this morphs into a brand new RUNNING QB offense then this will not work out well

YOU HEARD IT HERE FOLKS

7 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

unless Mcdaniels is going to change everything and make this a Ravens style offense , then i still think the Pats are an 8-8 team

7 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

So unless this morphs into a brand new RUNNING QB offense then this will not work out well

Im sorry, have you met Josh McDaniels? He has already done this MID SEASON for the Broncos to great effect with a much much much worse talent at QB

It is incredibly naive to think this offense was going to be the same as Brady ran it even before Cam came aboard. It would have been very different for Stidham too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Im sorry, have you met Josh McDaniels? He has already done this MID SEASON for the Broncos to great effect with a much much much worse talent at QB

i'll believe it when i see it here

i still think the Pats have zero talent on offense right now (Cam if healthy, Michel, Edelman are their starts on O)