Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

ATL at NO: Kyler Murray is horrible, Russell Wilson is bull****. Moving on.

ARI at TB: Arizona is just not a very good roster and they're rightfully falling out of playoff discussion. They just don't do much well, and their early round picks haven't lived up to their talent. On the other side, Tampa Bay has been a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde unit handling good teams and losing games they really shouldn't.

HOU at NY: Where was this redzone offense all season? Houston finally starts handing off to Nick Chubb in the redzone and it pays off. Mixon getting hurt basically ended New York's hopes of pulling the upset, and the fumble-itis certainly didn't help. Most points scored and tying the biggest point differential of the season is a good way to start the upcoming four-game stretch before facing Denver.

NE at SF: Defense bails out New England keeps them in the playoff race. Only putting up 10 points against the San Francisco defense is pretty awful, and it's difficult to see New England being much more than a tune-up for a better team if they make the playoffs.

WAS at OAK: A back and forth game between two of the worst teams in Tecmo, but it did have a lot of fun plays, like Brady rushing for significant chunk yardage and the longest, most incompetent touchdown run yet by Kenyan Drake. The wins are probably too little too late for Washington, but a collapse by a couple teams ahead of them in the standings could still propel them into the playoff discussion if they keep winning as the soft part of their schedule is coming up.

CLE at LA: Two teams not at full strength offensively, and Jacobs leaving the game after one play was brutal. Stifling defense continues to be Cleveland's calling card, shutting down the Rams enough to give their own offense a chance. Unfortunately, going for the win on 4th down inside their own 20 was a mind-boggling decision that cost them the game. They really need Watson and Jacobs back to make a playoff run.

GB at PIT: I don't think anyone would expect Pittsburgh to be in a barn-burner, but that's what the first half of this game was. Green Bay will be eternally shamed by how effective the Brees keeper was in this game. Even being in the game at all in the 4th quarter was an accomplishment for Pittsburgh, let alone having a lead. The Pack blew what should have been a walk in the park, and their Tecmo Bowl hopes are looking a little darker as a result.

DEN at BUF: An opportunity for Buffalo to prove themselves a Tecmo Bowl contender against the No. 1 defense, instead Denver showed why they're the top team in the league. To his credit, Josh Allen made a lot of plays in this one and largely avoided mistakes while keeping busted plays alive. Losing Dalvin Cook to injury is a crushing blow to the offense, and a leaping 4th quarter interception spoiled the Buffalo upset bid. This could very easily be a game we see again in the playoffs.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Daboyle said:

But Larry’s a Buttmuncher ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Larry? I'm cool with that. He can munch all the butts he wants. He can leave the team and play for the Vikings. He can knock the Cardinals out of the playoffs. Larry Buttmunch is still the greatest figure in Arizona sports history, and one of the best leaders/teammates/philanthropists in sports history in general.

@Blue: you left out the part where we pressured Burrow pretty well - by blitzing all 11 on almost every **** play. And it's exactly what I described to @MWil23 - DJ Hayden, Joe Schobert, and Kevin Byard are my top pass-rushing threats. The Indy OL has been money on outside runs. They've been okay in pass pro, but that was a statement draft pick, and while they haven't been the reason for the team's failure, okay in some regards and good in others doesn't cut it for a first-round pick. My DBs have been great when they've been in any halfway decent coverage assignment, but otherwise they're constantly getting asked to ignore players streaking down the field. My run defense is good, I get quite a few TFLs, but the constant blitzing on run downs means that the RB is going to rip off 30+ yards when they get to the perimeter, which typically happens one or two times a game. I drafted the Chiefs DL thinking they might be the best in the league, and but Frank Clark and Chris Jones have been non factors; they were grossly outplayed by Tyler Lancaster and Dean Lowry during the last Tecmo Tournament. As for my LBs, Myles Jack is rushing the passer for some reason, while Josh Allen is playing in coverage, and this roster builder had no respect for JA as an off-ball guy. My WRs are actually decent. Higgins and Green moss guys a few times a game, but they're not the fastest. They work very well in this vertical playbook, though. The value is definitely there as the last pick in the draft. Barkley/Tate haven't recaptured their magic since returning from injury, but for the first four weeks, my running game was borderline unstoppable. They still have nice drives, but it literally takes just one or two TFLs in a row, or a couple Goff incompletions (which isn't hard to achieve when he has a sub-50% completion rate most of the time), and then we're punting or kicking a field goal. Goff's best attribute is his rushing.

Let me repeat that. Jared Goff's. Best. Trait. In. This. Sim. Is. His. Rushing. Ability.

Nuff said.

WEEK 8
steelers at buccaneers

jets at saints

bills at cardinals

patriots at texans

raiders at broncos

rams at 49ers

falcons at packers

buttmunchers at browns

week 8 summary

Signups

1. @MWil23 -  Browns

2. @Forge - 49ers

3. @Blue - Texans

4. @Dome - Saints

5. @swoosh- Falcons

6. @bcb1213 - Jets

7. @Deadpulse - Patriots

8. @The Orca - Rams

9. @daboyle250 - Buttmunchers

10. @Counselor - Broncos

11. @HoboRocket - Cardinals

12. @rackcs - Steelers

13. @Pickle Rick - Bucs

14. @bigbadbuff - Bills

15. @TLO / @mission27- Raiders

16. @squire12 - Packers

week 9 pick em (overall record: 15-8)
jets at falcons 35-13
bills at steelers 24-21 OT
saints at patriots 13-20 
cardinals at raiders 23-16
texans at rams 27-21
packers at buccaneers 24-13
buttmunchers at 49ers 20-10
browns at broncos 23-17

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Also by swoosh standings I'm 14th despite being 4-4 

first one is just ranked by points differential. 4-4 and that low likely means you got blown out a few times and your wins are narrow margins. 

outliers will obviously distort the data, but if I can only look at one stat to rank teams it would be points differential.