Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

I'm so frustrated with my defense. I wasn't expecting the secondary to be good, but I thought Isaiah Simmons and Chandler Jones would at least be decent at linebacker. So far Jones, who has 72.5 sacks over his past five IRL seasons, can't even get off a block in Tecmo. I know I've seen Simmons run straight past the running back several times. Hicks has a ton of sacks on picked plays but that's about the nicest thing I can say for my back seven.

Edited by Blue

28 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Against the best LG in the NFL, too. Watch what happens to Quenton Nelson on 4th and 16 at the 13:24 mark, as well as at the 15:10 mark. It will make your day.

And for anyone who wants to come at me about Nelson, he's given up a grand total of 2 sacks across 2178 career snaps. Both sacks came as a rookie, where he played the second-most snaps of any player in the league.

You’re telling me. I have him in Nachos league and last season he gave up 10 sacks. He has given up 1 in two games so far this season. It’s maddening.

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm so frustrated with my defense. I wasn't expecting the secondary to be good, but I thought Isaiah Simmons and Chandler Jones would at least be decent at linebacker. So far Jones, who has 72.5 sacks over his past five IRL seasons, can't even get off a block in Tecmo. I know I've seen Simmons run straight past the running back several times. Hicks has a ton of sacks on picked plays but that's about the nicest thing I can say for my back seven.

I will trade you

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yeah, I'm having similar issues with Chris Jones and Frank Clark. They're getting manhandled, while Derrick Nnadi is actually being a pretty steady pass-rusher. I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.

Jordan Hicks was third in the league in tackles last year. Cards' LBs should be good IRL with Chandler Jones, Isaiah Simmons Devon Kennard, Jordan Hicks, and DeVondre Campbell.

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

Yeah, I'm having similar issues with Chris Jones and Frank Clark. They're getting manhandled, while Derrick Nnadi is actually being a pretty steady pass-rusher. I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.

Jordan Hicks was third in the league in tackles last year. Cards' LBs should be good IRL with Chandler Jones, Isaiah Simmons Devon Kennard, Jordan Hicks, and DeVondre Campbell.

I've been really surprised at how little you're getting out of Jones and Clark. They were my top choice for DL and now I'm kind of glad I missed out.

WEEK 9
jets at falcons

bills at steelers

saints at patriots

cardinals at raiders

texans at rams

packers at buccaneers

buttmunchers at 49ers

browns at broncos

week 9 summary

Signups

1. @MWil23 -  Browns

2. @Forge - 49ers

3. @Blue - Texans

4. @Dome - Saints

5. @swoosh- Falcons

6. @bcb1213 - Jets

7. @Deadpulse - Patriots

8. @The Orca - Rams

9. @daboyle250 - Buttmunchers

10. @Counselor - Broncos

11. @HoboRocket - Cardinals

12. @rackcs - Steelers

13. @Pickle Rick - Bucs

14. @bigbadbuff - Bills

15. @TLO / @mission27- Raiders

16. @squire12 - Packers

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Down by three...driving to take the lead in the 4th quarter. Dak throws an int. 

sounds about right. 

Try this one 

Intercept Russell Wilson twice.  Immediately fumble the interception back to them.  They score within two plays 

• Like 4

Derrick Nnadi just had a 5-sack game, while Chris Jones and Frank Clark combined for zero. 

Mitch Wishnowski is trying really hard not to get cut. After having five failed punts so far this season, Wishbiscuit boomed one up, forced a fumble on the return, and then took it back for a TD. 

Saquon had two carries in this game. Two. With the score being what it was, that's unacceptable. Jared Goff also only had a 28% completion percentage. However, the plays that hit were big ones, and the team avoided turnovers for the first time this season. 

Tom Brady was injured during the game after returning from injury to start the game, but most of the turnovers were from DBs actually being in coverage. Butler's first INT was a bad read, but expected in Tecmo. His second INT actually saw him in coverage downfield, which normally doesn't happen lol. Byard's INT also was a result of DBs actually being downfield. 

34-0

• Like 1