Alex Smith Cleared for Full Football Activity by His Doctors

HTTRDynasty

Calling it a "broken leg" is the understatement of the decade.  He's come a LONG way.  It's miraculous he's even walking right now.  

He still has to be cleared by team doctors, but I'm really happy for him.

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 5

Tremendous news. Super happy for the guy, Alex Smith is a great person. 

I remember I predicted Smith to make a full recovery back in January and saying he’ll be starter by Week 5 or 6 or so (been tracking his progress weekly, and his motives) and I got crucified by 25+ posters saying he will never ever play football again and the idea is absolutely asinine... incredible. 

Smith will play football again. And it’ll be a great story. 

• Like 3

It would be malpractice to let this dude play, look at any picture of his leg and see how cobbled together it is from other bone and pieces of his leg.  If he plants wrong it could destabalize and bam, all the hard work he did to have full mobility is gone. Let alone the fact that he would be playing a full contact sport and taking hits

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 2

As I posted in the Washington forum, this is worst case scenario for them if he is somehow cleared.  Cap-wise, it is not in their best interests to release him, both from an optics as well as an accounting perspective.  If he wasn't cleared to play, he is put on PUP and that's that.  If he is cleared to play, they have to decide if they roster him, and if they do, do they release Kyle Allen or do they carry three QBs?  Without much clarity on roster rules during Covid, we don't know how carrying three QBs is going to work, especially one who might be limited.  

Also, there is another can of worms if Smith isn't cleared by the team doctors- he could file a grievance and ask for a third-party medical evaluation if he wants to press the issue.