Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

@Arthur Penske I just loved DT Jeffery Simmons in the lead up to the 2019 draft, even though he was on the recovery road from an ACL. He was my most coveted player of that draft. I'm pretty sure he would have been a top ten pick at least, if he had been healthy that April (he went 19th to the Titans, with the Packers picking at 12).

Would he have been better for the Packers than Gary, very possibly, but I do like Gary, he seems to be steadily getting better and we did need edge help almost as much as help on the D line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

@Arthur Penske I just loved DT Jeffery Simmons in the lead up to the 2019 draft, even though he was on the recovery road from an ACL. He was my most coveted player of that draft. I'm pretty sure he would have been a top ten pick at least, if he had been healthy that April (he went 19th to the Titans, with the Packers picking at 12).

Would he have been better for the Packers than Gary, very possibly, but I do like Gary, he seems to be steadily getting better and we did need edge help almost as much as help on the D line.

McGinn had us taking Simmons at #12, so I would think there was some chatter out there.  I wish we would have pulled the trigger on him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Same.

4 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

59 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Same.

Yeah a lot of us did. Hard to deny the impact of the ACL and off the field  issues though.

Edited by Arthur Penske

At what point does the "we were lethargic" explanation either (a) become something we need to dismiss as just an excuse for being outplayed or (b) lead MLF (assuming he has the power) to consider making a coaching change because the defense seems to be "lethargic" a lot. 

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

At what point does the "we were lethargic" explanation either (a) become something we need to dismiss as just an excuse for being outplayed or (b) lead MLF (assuming he has the power) to consider making a coaching change because the defense seems to be "lethargic" a lot. 

Potentially have to talk to the team nutritionist and stop feeding these guys turkey and potatos before games.

Our defense is #1 in TOP against and #2 in plays allowed. 

As mediocre as they've been, they are successful in the ultimate goal our team is built to have, giving Aaron Rodgers more opportunities than the other guy.

That surprised me, cause I feel like every drive against our defense is 16 plays and 75 yards, but I think we've been a bit overdramatic based on the Vikings and Bucs games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

As mediocre as they've been, they are successful in the ultimate goal our team is built to have, giving Aaron Rodgers more opportunities than the other guy.

That surprised me, cause I feel like every drive against our defense is 16 plays and 75 yards, but I think we've been a bit overdramatic based on the Vikings and Bucs games.

A lot of that has to do with us running the ball really well and scoring on opening drives. Playing mostly mediocre offenses surely helps in that regard as well.

9 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

A lot of that has to do with us running the ball really well and scoring on opening drives. Playing mostly mediocre offenses surely helps in that regard as well.

Who doesnt play "mostly mediocre offenses"? Nobody is playing top 10 offenses every week.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I think I brought this up in the game reactions thread.  It seems that this defense forces a lot of 3 and outs.  But when they don't, it seems like there is a slow bleed all the way down the field.  This offense also seems to be pretty efficient, and we have been going for more 4th down conversions than in years past.  

I think we also had the ball the entire game against both Houston and Atlanta.