Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

16 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Legit question does Josh Jackson look better at CB than King does? 

I think Jackson is a stutefish.  Compared to the others that we have behind him, he looks good.  

He's no King.  King is much, much better.

• Like 1

What if we don’t fire Pettine mid season, but promote him?

It is the perfect thing for a front office as balless as the Packers.  Promote him to senior analyst, promote someone on our staff who isn’t an idiot to DC.

Then you have Pettine back up in the box where he’s comfortable and the new DC can pretend to have audio problems for the next 9-10 games.

Then in the offseason you promote him to at-home senior analyst until his contract runs out.

No firing.  Defense saved.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What if we don’t fire Pettine mid season, but promote him?

It is the perfect thing for a front office as balless as the Packers.  Promote him to senior analyst, promote someone on our staff who isn’t an idiot to DC.

Then you have Pettine back up in the box where he’s comfortable and the new DC can pretend to have audio problems for the next 9-10 games.

Then in the offseason you promote him to at-home senior analyst until his contract runs out.

No firing.  Defense saved.

this makes me question my own recent promotion to WFA senior analyst now...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Who would have thunk? Guys like Ja, King and Sullivan are good in man coverage. Maybe we shouldn't play soft zones 10 yards off guys on 3rd and 8 after all? 

Can you forward this to Pettine?

• Like 1

I’ll be damned, he’s right:

gar·bage co·or·di·na·tor \ ˈgär-bij kō-ˈȯr-də-ˌnā-tər \

noun

1. A football coach, in charge of one of the three units of a football team, who refuses to tailor his unit to fit the skills of his current players. 

Ex: “Mike Pettine is a garbage coordinator” 

• Like 2