Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

Would Pettine get the boot if Trubisky comes off the bench and lights up our defense for the win, which sparks a career revival for Trubs, who finishes off the season with six straight wins and a deep run in the playoffs, and ultimately a Hall of Fame career?

Obviously the odds of this happening are in the million to one range, but I’m just wondering what kind of cataclysmic scenario it would take to actually lead to his dismissal 😜

17 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Would Pettine get the boot if Trubisky comes off the bench and lights up our defense for the win, which sparks a career revival for Trubs, who finishes off the season with six straight wins and a deep run in the playoffs, and ultimately a Hall of Fame career? Obviously the odds of this happening are in the million to one range, but I’m just wondering what kind of cataclysmic scenario it would take to actually lead to his dismissal 😜

Andy Herman had an interesting take on the upcoming game......beware.

The GBPs defense played 82 (or was it 85 snaps) in the OT loss to Indy. Thats alot of field time. CHI is coming off a bye - getting some key players back healthy - are better than GB in 2/3rds of the game (i.e. everything but offense) - and if they win will find themselves just one game out of first in the NFCN. Motivation is there if they want it.

As impossible as it may seem, this is a potential "let down" game by the Packers......and given their lack of interest/effort against JAX.....or perhaps stated more correctly: "We got this" effort that led to uneven play.......its food for thought. The Packers need to bring it and put CHI out of their misery.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman had an interesting take on the upcoming game......beware.

The GBPs defense played 82 (or was it 85 snaps) in the OT loss to Indy. Thats alot of field time. CHI is coming off a bye - getting some key players back healthy - are better than GB in 2/3rds of the game (i.e. everything but offense) - and if they win will find themselves just one game out of first in the NFCN. Motivation is there if they want it.

As impossible as it may seem, this is a potential "let down" game by the Packers......and given their lack of interest/effort against JAX.....or perhaps stated more correctly: "We got this" effort that led to uneven play.......its food for thought. The Packers need to bring it and put CHI out of their misery.

This is the stuff of my nightmares.  My gut tells me Trubisky is going run for at least 100 hundred yards agains our soft defense.  Also, GB has been very lackluster at home in recent weeks.  If GB doesn’t come out with energy and jump in all three phases, I’m not confident about the game, or the rest of the season for that matter.

7 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

He would be an upgrade.  NE’s defense was very solid with him at the helm.

Name a defensive coordinator that hasn’t had a solid defense in New England when Belichick has been head coach.

It hasn’t happened.