Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

58 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Just here to add a wholehearted bump to this thread. Also I really can’t believe we’re riding this dumpster fire into the playoffs.

look at all the other dumpster fires out there though.

every team sucks in the nfc.

Mike Pettine on tackling:
(These are his words)

I thought up until the Saints game we had tackled pretty well just from how we chart the number of misses. Given the circumstances I thought we had been solid. The number was up there against the Saints but I want to say half of 'em came on the one play. It's not a reason for complete concern, just knowing that 41 from New Orleans is going to make a lot of people miss. But definitely there were some good coaching points to it as far as making sure you take that extra step, making sure you're grabbing cloth and whatever it takes to get him on the ground and the angles that we're taking.

We were solid at tackling until the third game of the season.

It's not a reason for complete concern. 

Our defensive coordinator is teaching players to grab cloth and do whatever it takes to get ball carriers on the ground. 

No mention of wrapping up.

Pettine can't even coach speak coach. 

Not to make fun of my hippie friends here, but he's like that hippie level new age moron who even hippies kinda cringe at.  Mike Pettine is to defensive coordinators what fruitarians are to vegans.

He is the worst of the worst.  He's as useless as nipples on a turtle. 

Literally.  The Packers could bioengineer a turtle nipple, put it on a podium and let it coach the defensive players and the defense would play better. 

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Mike Pettine on tackling:
(These are his words)

We were solid at tackling until the third game of the season.

It's not a reason for complete concern. 

Our defensive coordinator is teaching players to grab cloth and do whatever it takes to get ball carriers on the ground. 

No mention of wrapping up.

Pettine can't even coach speak coach. 

Not to make fun of my hippie friends here, but he's like that hippie level new age moron who even hippies kinda cringe at.  Mike Pettine is to defensive coordinators what fruitarians are to vegans.

He is the worst of the worst.  He's as useless as nipples on a turtle. 

Literally.  The Packers could bioengineer a turtle nipple, put it on a podium and let it coach the defensive players and the defense would play better. 

You grab cloth after you wrap up. When coaches are talking about tackling it's:

1. Run your angle

2. Break down

3. Throw your hips

4. Bring your arms and wrap

5. Grab cloth and take him to the ground. 

He's referring to one step in a five step process. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You grab cloth after you wrap up. When coaches are talking about tackling it's:

1. Run your angle

2. Break down

3. Throw your hips

4. Bring your arms and wrap

5. Grab cloth and take him to the ground. 

He's referring to one step in a five step process. 

Shut up.

• Like 1

Lol.  I thought the Packers would get a points against ranking boost playing the second worst offense in the NFL.

Wrong again, @Outpost31.  Playing the second worst offense in the NFL dropped their ranking by two full ranks.

The Packers spend more on defense than all but 4 teams.  12th overall EDGE, 21st overall safety, 16th overall CB.

19th in points against?  Pettine.