Montgomery hurt

beardown3231

Montgomery is already dinged up and we have no one to replace him. Fournette would be a stratospheric type of upgrade to not only our backup RB's but probably our starting RB too. 4m$ for a starting RB seems pretty cheap to boot. This move just makes too much sense for them not to make it.

4 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

Which UDFA?  This post is good for a nice laugh. Let's not just say anything now. Fournette would be the best RB we have by a mile and when Monty comes back we'd our best committee of RBs since the SB.

I don't see why it's so funny. He's basically Steven Jackson or Michael Turner, but younger. He was a solid RB that got a ton of usage and had average stats... Monty is just as good, if not better. I don't see what Fournette would ever bring to the team.

Right now I'd be surprised if we brought Fournette in, he's another Jordan Howard type and we traded Jordan Howard away because he doesn't fit the system. If Montgomery's injury was season ending then I'd be all for it, but if he's only gonna miss a couple of games at most, then I think we stick with what we have. Plus if it's true about his attitude not being right, we've tended to steer clear of those guys for Pace's entire time here.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The_Romen said:

I don't see why it's so funny. He's basically Steven Jackson or Michael Turner, but younger. He was a solid RB that got a ton of usage and had average stats... Monty is just as good, if not better. I don't see what Fournette would ever bring to the team.

How is he better?  He's done nothing and is hurt. If Fournette is Steven Jackson (stop making comparisons) why wouldn't we want him?  Because Cohen and Patterson excel between the tackles?  How much experience does Patterson have picking up blitzes?

30 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

How is he better?  He's done nothing and is hurt. If Fournette is Steven Jackson (stop making comparisons) why wouldn't we want him?  Because Cohen and Patterson excel between the tackles?  How much experience does Patterson have picking up blitzes?

I have to agree with you that Fournette is probably more talented than Monty but he comes with a buyer beware.  It's not every day that a team just gives up on a 4th overall pick that easy.  Heck Bears haven't even done that with Mitch yet lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I have to agree with you that Fournette is probably more talented than Monty but he comes with a buyer beware.  It's not every day that a team just gives up on a 4th overall pick that easy.  Heck Bears haven't even done that with Mitch yet lol.

The Jags are getting rid of everyone who can cause them to not get the #1 pick and they know Fournette wouldn't resign with them.

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

The Jaguars are a dumpster fire and no one wants to play there. I think its a lot more about that organization than them giving up on Fournette.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pool said:

The Jaguars are a dumpster fire and no one wants to play there. I think its a lot more about that organization than them giving up on Fournette.

Ya but not even one team wanted to give up a late round pick for the guy?  Speaks volumes no?

As a backup, not making his 4.1 million, and used in a rotation I think he would be a nice add. 

He would give them a legit #2 RB and someone who could step in as a starter of Montgomery goes down.

He had 76 receptions last season, which is  like Howard’s entire career.

Fournette to the Bears just makes too much sense.  He's not what he was advertised to be, but, he can run and he can catch.  I doubt he will cost all that much.  And...I'm thinking he's super motivated to get out of Jax and put up stats somewhere else in the hopes he will be paid next year in free agency.  (And I doubt he does, cap supposedly going down, running back....etc.)  But I'll bet that is in his mind.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Epyon said:

There's really nothing to suggest Monty is a legitimate RB1 so far, and our depth behind him is laughable. 

This I don't get at all.  Only one rookie RB out gained him last season.  He gained nearly 1100 yard total offense and scored 7 tds.  That's better then even Walter Payton did as a rookie.  We've also seen him make defenders miss and carry multiple tackler with him before going down just as he did in college.

Given the nearly complete inability of our OL to run block well in 2019 what exactly are you looking for?

• Like 1

Lemme just ask this.

If Fournette is all that and a bag if chips and Pace felt he was a must have player why with just over two weeks 'til the opener isn't he all over him?

Other than articles about where Fournette may end up all we've heard out of the Bears front office is crickets.  Actions speak louder than words.