NFL Season Opener: TNF Texans @ Chiefs GDT

patriotsheatyan

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Generally, the kind of guys that make it to that level, are incredibly ambitious and competitive. He already has a ring as OC. He's already coached an elite offense as OC. Nothing left to prove in that spot. Might want to seek out the next challenge, rather than get comfy. Different people, different desires.

Also a lot more money.  You can always return or work your way back to being an OC, but most coaches only get one chance at being a HC.

• Like 3

Great drive. I was really impressed with Clyde Edwards-Helaire. I wanted him in the draft, and was already wondering what Shanahan could do with him for the 49ers. I'm a fan of those guys like Lionel "Little Train" James, and Darren Sproles since you can do so much with those guys. He looks like he'll be the next little big man. 210 pounds at 5'7". Remarkable. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Are coaches not cleared by covid testing too? Reid looks ridiculous wearing that fogged up face shield, and assuming he's cleared by the testing, no idea why he's wearing it...

The mask is so that he doesnt get it from someone else. Dude is old and obese. If he gets it, it going to be a tough recovery. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Are coaches not cleared by covid testing too? Reid looks ridiculous wearing that fogged up face shield, and assuming he's cleared by the testing, no idea why he's wearing it...

All non players have to wear them (masks or shields) 

Edited by N4L

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I don't know, but I'd think quite a bit less than that in the NFL. In college, they might at a select few programs. Regardless, I can understand it. I had the opportunity to work a job where I'd make six figures, work 40 hours a week, and have a ton of flexibility plus a super chill boss. But I'd also have nowhere to go (no advancement). It would just be the same job until retirement (unless I left to find a new one). I didn't want that. I need something to motivate me (some sort of goal/advancement).

Yeah I guess Collinsworth was going on like he was shocked that he didn't take a HC job in the offseason and I'm sitting here trying to think of a better spot to be in the NFL than "guy who gets to manage Mahomes". It just seemed like it was insane that he'd want to stay, but you're basically talking about the NFL equivalent of tenure there.

• Like 1