NFL Season Opener: TNF Texans @ Chiefs GDT

patriotsheatyan

6 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

You are higher than Kelly and Weaver calling plays more than me.  I'm expecting the same crappy playcalling.   chiefs will win by at least 20+.  Also I would say our receiving corps are better.  Hopkins was a legit number 1.  We don't have a number 1 WR on the roster and not to mention Cooks and Fuller cant stay healthy for a full season.

I think both Fuller and Cooks healthy are no.1 receivers on a lot of NFL rosters. 

Just now, Drained said:

I think both Fuller and Cooks healthy are no.1 receivers on a lot of NFL rosters. 

no way. lol its a reason why cooks has been traded multiple times.  He is a number 2 at best,  and fuller hasn't proven he is a number 1 wr.  just because one of them is the number 1 on the Texans depth chart doesn't mean they are a true number 1 wr.

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

no way. lol its a reason why cooks has been traded multiple times.  He is a number 2 at best,  and fuller hasn't proven he is a number 1 wr.  just because one of them is the number 1 on the Texans depth chart doesn't mean they are a true number 1 wr.

I doubt that's a reason why Cooks has been traded so many times. He is a good player lol. In terms of "true" number one's, there's probably only a few in the NFL but that doesn't discount that Will Fuller and Cooks could both go to numerous different teams and be the best receiver there and that says something lol. We have a much better receiving corps than we did last year, the fact we are marching out there with Will Fuller, Brandin Cooks, Kenny Stills and Randall Cobb vs Hopkins, Keke Coutee, Deandre Carter and Kenny Stills. We've expanded on what helped us win last year which was Will Fuller's speed, he was the most crucial part of our offense tbh, not Nuk, the fact we had like 10 more pp.g when Fuller was on the field is absolutely ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

I think Cooks and Fuller are both top 32 receivers, so that makes them both number one level. But I think in order to be true number one you must be top 16 or so to be in the top half of number ones, and neither are that good yet. 

If Fuller plays a full season we'll see him reach that level. It's just durability. I don't think any defense in the NFL this year is delighted with the prospect of facing a team as fast as Houston.

• Like 1

Fuller is a #1 like DeSean Jackson is a #1

IF they can stay healthy

Those 4 WRs would make one heck of a 4x100 relay team and I'd love to see what Deshaun Watson could do with them over 16 games.

I don't expect even 2 of them to play 16 though.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

People tend to forget that Brandin Cooks had four consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. People talk about his concussions, but don't mention how he missed two games due to it. People don't talk about how Cooks played in more games (including playoffs) than any other WR since 2015 - so his track record is actually that of one of the most dependable WRs in football.

Sure, he's not DeAndre Hopkins - not many WRs are on that tier. (I'd argue none are on that tier, but that's an argument for Comparisons). But, Deshaun Watson is showing to have an ability to make good players better than they are - so, the team is doubling down on Watson.

There are worse bets out there...

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

People tend to forget that Brandin Cooks had four consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. People talk about his concussions, but don't mention how he missed two games due to it. People don't talk about how Cooks played in more games (including playoffs) than any other WR since 2015 - so his track record is actually that of one of the most dependable WRs in football.

Sure, he's not DeAndre Hopkins - not many WRs are on that tier. (I'd argue none are on that tier, but that's an argument for Comparisons). But, Deshaun Watson is showing to have an ability to make good players better than they are - so, the team is doubling down on Watson.

There are worse bets out there...

He's a great player, good at route running, has nice hands and is very fast. I was actually excited when he came to our team but I was still stinging over the DHop trade to see it in any positive light... the fact that Fuller can still go down and we still have a player at the same speed as him on the field is absolutely crazy to me. 

When you watch KC vs HOU regular season last year, Fuller was absolutely tearing the KC defense up. If his hands were a BIT more reliable (always been an issue in his career), Mathieu would have been burned for over 200 yards and 3 TD's... they couldn't stop him. People are gonna forget this because they probably didn't watch the Week 6 game and remember the afterburn of playoff BoB and the 50 burger but we were absolutely trouncing KC that day and it was all because of Will Fuller and his speed, the fact we have Brandin Cooks and now Randall Cobb, two speedy receivers helping out. Wew...

I am very excited for tomorrow. Even if we lose I want to see this new offense. I want to see Watson without Nuk.

The Chiefs injury report is looking clean, so the only players missing are starting CB Bashaud Breeland and DT Mike Pennel. Here is a solid workup on how the defense stacks up against the Texans retooled offense.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/9/9/21426246/how-the-chiefs-defense-beats-the-texans-offense-in-the-season-opener

The Chiefs will be thin at CB. 2nd year Rashad Fenton will get first shot at CB2, backed up by rookie L'Jarius Sneed and career ST ace Antonio Hamilton. Expect Tyrann Mathieu to cover the slot for most of the game. Another key will be how Tunsil and Tytus Howard fares against the rotation of Frank Clark, Tanoh Kpassagnon, Alex Okafor and Taco Charlton. Clark is the big name, but the Chiefs have real depth at DE. Obviously, Chris Jones will draw a lot of attention from the IOL. 

On the other side of the ball, can the Texans defense slow down a healthy Chiefs offense, including Clyde Edwards-Helaire in the flat. 

In the playoff game, both sides had some massive ST plays and misplays. The Chiefs ST ended the season #2 and look to be improved, but they do have a rookie punter. 

J