NFL Season Opener: TNF Texans @ Chiefs GDT

patriotsheatyan

I legitimately believe that Tim Kelly calling the offense for Houston will lead to an upset. He called a lot of plays in some of our biggest games last season (Pats W, Jax BLOWOUT and ATL blowout) and that was the first time I've seen the Texans properly move the ball since probably Titans 2017 lol.

Our receiving corps is also better this year. Works more to Watson's advantages, he will have to look for targets other than Nuk and I truly believe Brandin Cooks is going to have a really good comeback season and cement it in this game.

Two Tyreek Hill's and a few reliable hands is a good recipe for a QB that absolutely adores throwing it deep and needs those long-developing plays to develop faster.

(Oh yeah, our O-line is back too)

1 hour ago, HolmesPriest said:

Chiefs going to dominate. And it is going to surprise everyone when Andy starts running the ball all day long. lol

The ONE thing the Texans D can do is stop the run. Zach Cunningham was graded as the best run stopper in football, per PFF... Berdnardrick McKinney was further down but still Top 15.

Tyreek Hill might get 300 on this secondary, Travis Kelce might score about six TDs on four drives (trust me, it's possible against our secondary) Mecole Hardemen and Sammy Watkins could both rack up catches and scores, Mahomes is guarenteed to get well over 300 and 5+ TDs - I won't argue that.

A rookie RB running wild on this defense? I highly doubt it.

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know much about either one of these teams, other than the fact that they both have great young QBs.  There shouldn't be a home field advantage anywhere for the first few weeks, but one we do still have the BoB factor in Houston, so for that reason I'm going to give KC the edge.

Maybe the secret to BoB being a good coach is removing the fans from the equation? 🤓

possible angels in the outfield GIF

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

We're going to see Watson elevate to a new level this year. Fuller, Cooks and Stills stretch the field for huge plays while creating tons of space for Watson to break off for long runs. 

This is almost entirely influenced by Watson being my fantasy QB1. 

But my point stands. This is going to be a shootout that'll make last season's divisional round look like a low-scoring yawner. Book it. 

6 hours ago, berlin calling said:

for Watsons sake i hope Tunsil is worth his 22m otherwise he is going to get massacred. he'll have to play catch up and air it out which i can't see ending up very good for either him and his team.

Tunsil was a top 3 OL in pass blocking per PFF. There was a five game stretch last season where Watson was hit once.

Tunsil, Tytus Howard and Max Scharping made a huge difference.

The narrative that the Texans OL can't pass block is as tired as the narrative that Lamar Jackson is a RB who throws the ball - it's been somewhat disproven.

• Like 2

Houston is literally one of those teams that I'd never bet on or against. They have one of the most talented QB's in the game, a revamped OL, and are capable of beating anyone in the league at any point, while also fully capable of losing a couple of random games a year against inferior competition and then coming back down to earth in the playoffs. 

• Like 3