MWil23

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• The Browns
    • The Ravens
    • Hornby
    • Covid 19
    • Harry Stamper is going to land on an asteroid and save us from total destruction

The first 4-5 weeks of this season are about to be a *&!% show. No preseason games, no real hard practices , no chance to tune in the playbooks. I have a feeling we are going to watch some really really sloppy football for a few weeks.

I would say the Ravens have the obvious advantage strictly from a familiarity perspective

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

The first 4-5 weeks of this season are about to be a *&!% show. No preseason games, no real hard practices , no chance to tune in the playbooks. I have a feeling we are going to watch some really really sloppy football for a few weeks.

Hopefully things take shape by week 3 imo. 

I'll be honest, I'd like to see us slow the game down as much as possible, limit possessions, and really rely heavily on that ground and pound attack, regardless of the score in the first half. We should see a run/pass ratio of about 2/1 for a good majority of the game, with a lot of safe play-action passes to TE, outside WR on boots and designed rollouts with flood concepts, and perhaps take a few vertical shots to keep their safeties back and honest in the running game.

Baker may very well light it up this year, but I'd play it safe against a team that is a legit Super Bowl contender with the reigning MVP who will likely carve up our already bad and now decimated defense, coming off of a short off-season, limited practice time, new coaching staff and scheme, and has the advantage of continuity going into this matchup, especially with us on the road.

I want to see a close game in the second half and see how the chips fall from there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'll be honest, I'd like to see us slow the game down as much as possible, limit possessions, and really rely heavily on that ground and pound attack, regardless of the score in the first half. We should see a run/pass ratio of about 2/1 for a good majority of the game, with a lot of safe play-action passes to TE, outside WR on boots and designed rollouts with flood concepts, and perhaps take a few vertical shots to keep their safeties back and honest in the running game.

Baker may very well light it up this year, but I'd play it safe against a team that is a legit Super Bowl contender with the reigning MVP who will likely carve up our already bad and now decimated defense, coming off of a short off-season, limited practice time, new coaching staff and scheme, and has the advantage of continuity going into this matchup, especially with us on the road.

I want to see a close game in the second half and see how the chips fall from there.

I agree in that I'd like to see us rely on the ground. But I wanna see some big, downfield passes off the PA. I think it's important to try to get some quick scoring drives off chunk plays, as that would put a lot of pressure on Lamar Jackson to beat us with his arm (not that he can't, but the Ravens are clearly a much better team with the dual threat).

I think Marlon Humphrey is underrated but his strength is his physicality. I think OBJ could get him over the top a couple times.

I freaking hate the NFL and how they schedule things and the fact that no one has thrown an antitrust lawsuit at them yet. I have to watch the Bengals game due to local broadcast restrictions, unless I want to buy the NFL Sunday Ticket for several hundred dollars this year. 

WHAT

A

JOKE

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I freaking hate the NFL and how they schedule things and the fact that no one has thrown an antitrust lawsuit at them yet. I have to watch the Bengals game due to local broadcast restrictions, unless I want to buy the NFL Sunday Ticket for several hundred dollars this year. 

WHAT

A

JOKE

Thank god for illegal streams 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

WHAT

A

JOKE

I live north 45 mins north of Dayton in Fort Loramie. Have YoutubeTV and get local Dayton affiliate channels. Luckily there is a local cable company Nktelco that offers both Dayton and Lima Fox/CBS. I always have to head to friends house or the in-laws to watch the Browns as Lima always covers them. I know many Browns fans in the area only keep Nktelco to watch Browns games even when costs aren't competitive with the streaming services and or Spectrum. 

I'm surprised the NFL hasn't ditched the Sunday Ticket and offered there own streaming service similar to how MLB.TV