Week One Game Day therad: Packers At Minnesota Football Team Vikings

MacReady

5 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

So Wagner not listed on the injury report. Looks like we know who will be at RG/RT.  

Neither Wagner nor Turner were listed.  No EQ, either.  

Not sure groin and quad are great for guys like Burks and Greene who really need to run and accelerate.  Still, if the Packers expected them to be impacted for long, they'd already be on the 3-week.  So I'm sorta fine to trust the normally somewhat precautious Packers medical staff.  (Although only so much.  MAdams stayed on roster and played a lot last year despite being hurt; MVS too; and certainly Burks.  So I'm not sure how strong the medical staff is about shutting people down.). 

Kind of unfortunate that Kamal, Burks, and Greene all kinda play the 2nd linebacker position.  

14 minutes ago, craig said:

Neither Wagner nor Turner were listed.  No EQ, either.  

Not sure groin and quad are great for guys like Burks and Greene who really need to run and accelerate.  Still, if the Packers expected them to be impacted for long, they'd already be on the 3-week.  So I'm sorta fine to trust the normally somewhat precautious Packers medical staff.  (Although only so much.  MAdams stayed on roster and played a lot last year despite being hurt; MVS too; and certainly Burks.  So I'm not sure how strong the medical staff is about shutting people down.). 

Kind of unfortunate that Kamal, Burks, and Greene all kinda play the 2nd linebacker position.  

Turner is listed.

EhgJGv_WkAA-9Iz?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

Is it just me or is this video badly put together?

” Packers returning most pieces on offense that weren’t able to punch it in” then proceed to show Geronimo Allison and Jimmy Graham “highlights” and not even mention the league leading RB scorer in Jones there after saying they failed to punch it in?

then they say the Packers secondary had no changes and proceed to show a Tramon williams highlight.

i don’t think they watch much packers football or follow the team too closely.

Edited by Arthur Penske

I think the Packers are gonna thump these guys again.  Dalvin Cook scares me, but I don't think the Vikings Oline can handle our defensive front.  I also think our secondary can lock down their wideouts as long as the pas rush is as ferocious as I'm expecting.  I think the Viking defense is solid overall, but I expect Rodgers and Adams to take advantage of their youthful corners.  Packers 27 - Vikes 13

• Like 1

We should win by two possesions. They pretty much have no one in their front 4 who can stop our run, Ngakoue against Bakhtiari doesn't scare me and their CBs should have quite a few problems. The only guy who really concerns me is Eric Kendricks, he's probably gonna force a fumble or make a key play. Our defense should fare pretty well against them, specially since they are pretty weak against the interior pressure.

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think the Packers are gonna thump these guys again.  Dalvin Cook scares me, but I don't think the Vikings Oline can handle our defensive front.  I also think our secondary can lock down their wideouts as long as the pas rush is as ferocious as I'm expecting.  I think the Viking defense is solid overall, but I expect Rodgers and Adams to take advantage of their youthful corners.  Packers 27 - Vikes 13

They won't be able to handle our pass rush. We'll want to put them in obvious passing situations instead of letting Cook control the clock. I'm fully expecting that score, but Cook will have one of those games with like 103 yards rushing, about 30 receiving, and will score the TD. 

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I think GB just matches up well against this Minny team in so many other areas that I don't think it matters much.

I think what people are missing is how much our secondary has improved over the past 2-3 years, plus you're talking about a new and VERY experienced coach getting more out of these guys than the previous coach. I'm expecting big things from our secondary this year; especially with a healthy Raven Greene overtaking Burks at some point.

Vikes are a weird team to me. Got quite a bit of premium talent up and down the roster, but the 2 areas that are huge concerns/question marks are 2 of the most crucial areas: OL and CB. How good can they really be if they can't pass block or defend the pass? Still view them as a playoff contender but I think they'll be a team that beats up on sub .500/mediocre teams and loses against other playoff caliber ones