Jump to content
MrOaktown_56

How is Mike Mayock doing so far?

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Raidersrule said:

Well does Mayock get any credit now that we beat the chiefs 

(agahlor) and others draft picks and free agents this is the nfl up and down week by week 

Crosby is looking like a pick any GM can hang a hat on for at least a couple years. That coupled with how great some of the others have been should keep him with some solid job security going forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raidersrule said:

(agahlor) and others draft picks and free agents this is the nfl up and down week by week 

The talent he has added around Carr is undeniable with Incognito/Brown up front, Jacobs/Ingold in the backfield, and Ruggs/Agholor/Edwards/Renfrow/Moreau as pass catchers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

Crosby is looking like a pick any GM can hang a hat on for at least a couple years. That coupled with how great some of the others have been should keep him with some solid job security going forward. 

We went from 4-12 the year before he arrived to 7-9 (should've been 9-7) in his first year and are poised to be a playoff team in his second year. He has nothing to worry about in terms of job security. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We went from 4-12 the year before he arrived to 7-9 (should've been 9-7) in his first year and are poised to be a playoff team in his second year. He has nothing to worry about in terms of job security. 

The AFC looks pretty stacked this year with Buf, KC, Pitt, Bal, Cle, Ten, and NE technically still ahead of us. 

Naturally, the win-loss records will change as some of them play each other and whatnot. That said, looking at the rest of our schedule, 10 wins seems like a pretty solid bet. Idk if we'll actually make the playoffs or not yet, but we're certainly a playoff caliber team based on how we've competed with some of the conference's top teams. There's been some ugly as sin, but we haven't been out of any game this year even when down. New England snowballed, but it's not like we were absolutely outclassed. We held on with Buffalo. We beat both KC and New Orleans, both likely playoff teams, in fairly convincing fashion. Carolina looks like a possible playoff team. 

If we beat or hang in close with Tampa Bay in a couple weeks, I'd say we have as good a damn shot as anyone, which is surprising considering our D. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If we beat or hang in close with Tampa Bay in a couple weeks, I'd say we have as good a damn shot as anyone, which is surprising considering our D. 

If we beat Tampa Bay we'll be in a really good spot at 4-2 and likely favored in 7 or 8 of our final 10 games. Buffalo could also very well beat Kansas City next week which combined with a win vs TB would put us at the top of the division. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think another important thing you have to consider when judging Mayock is how well he has done finding unheralded players that can fill a role on our team. Reggie McKenzie's biggest down fall wasn't that he missed guys at the top of the draft it was that he never really found any stud UDFA or guys in the middle rounds. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayock has done a great job, a lot of guys on here jump the gun way too quick pretending they know more than the staff. Hes steady added quality pieces to this roster. Yea, weve made some questionable moves in FA and the draft, but overall our talent level is night and day from when he took over. Guys expect us to hit on every transaction no one bats 1.000

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Mayock has done a great job, a lot of guys on here jump the gun way too quick pretending they know more than the staff. Hes steady added quality pieces to this roster. Yea, weve made some questionable moves in FA and the draft, but overall our talent level is night and day from when he took over. Guys expect us to hit on every transaction no one bats 1.000

The only starters that the Grudock regime inherited from Reggie McKenzie that are still on the roster were Carr, Jackson, and Hudson. We literally don't have a single defensive starter that was here before Grudock. 

It takes time to build a core and we're really in like year two of rebuilding our roster from the ground up. Overall we're significantly more talented now then we were before Grudock got here. 

If we can add some more defensive playmakers this offseason we have a chance to be a contender next year, imo. We were in playoff contention and should've won 9 games in year 1, we should win 10+ games and make the playoffs in year 2, and I think we're poised to take the next step in year 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The only starters that the Grudock regime inherited from Reggie McKenzie that are still on the roster were Carr, Jackson, and Hudson. We literally don't have a single defensive starter that was here before Grudock. 

It takes time to build a core and we're really in like year two of rebuilding our roster from the ground up. Overall we're significantly more talented now then we were before Grudock got here. 

If we can add some more defensive playmakers this offseason we have a chance to be a contender next year, imo. We were in playoff contention and should've won 9 games in year 1, we should win 10+ games and make the playoffs in year 2, and I think we're poised to take the next step in year 3. 

basically a complete rebuild. I expect us to finish the defense this offseason and make that side of the ball and really contend next season. To overhaul a roster into a contender in 3 years is very impressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

basically a complete rebuild. I expect us to finish the defense this offseason and make that side of the ball and really contend next season. To overhaul a roster into a contender in 3 years is very impressive. 

Yeah I think that our defense could take a big step next season if we add a couple pieces this offseason, particularly a disruptive DT and a rangey FS. I think adding difference makers at those two spots would really help our other players as a disruptive DT would help free up some looks for Ferrell/Crosby while a rangey FS would allow us to move Abram around more and also allow Mullen/Arnette to take more chances for plays on the ball because we'd a security blanket on the backend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Winning cures everything esp if you can beat kc in kc

Yup. At the end of the day all that matters is winning football games. Mayock himself said that everyone in the league is chasing Kansas City and he has done a great job building an offense that gives us a chance to compete with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...