MrOaktown_56

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

1st draft was okay- good finds in the mid rounds,

- last year draft was trash 

- Ferrell our most important pick is just okay for now 

- AB trade blew up in Mayock face 

- Didn’t can Paul G so 2020 season was a lost cause 

- blowing money in 2020 free agency on: Witten, Nassib, MM, Collins - 25m 

- if you think about it: Williams , Joyner, and Brown were all overpaid too. All 3 likely gone after two years of not making much impact. 

if we didn’t have DC we would be a bottom 3 team. 

The fact that the 2019 draft was just "okay" is a huge miss given that we had 3 1st round picks, including 1 top 5 pick, and 4 top 40 picks.

We got 1 real difference maker and he's a RB, probably the least valuable position in the NFL.

On 31/12/2020 at 4:11 PM, Rolni said:

This upcoming FA and draft should be critical for him. If the team is not entertaining and not in the PO, both Gruden and MM should get the axe 

It would never happen of course but if the team fails to make the playoffs next season then I'd definitely call for Grudens head, although I would like to allow Mayock more time and without Gruden having input on personel moves to see what he could do with autonomy. Obviously we're stuck with Gruden running the show though and Mayock as a sous chef. 

Edited by Darbsk

45 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

The fact that the 2019 draft was just "okay" is a huge miss given that we had 3 1st round picks, including 1 top 5 pick, and 4 top 40 picks.

We got 1 real difference maker and he's a RB, probably the least valuable position in the NFL.

We also got the guy with the most sacks to this point in the draft class in the 4th. He was the 14th edge drafted. And the WR with the 5th most catches and the 7th most receiving yards in the 5th. He was the 17th WR drafted.

28 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

If we're being honest, he's one of the worst GMs in the league and has gotten off to a terrible start. 

The trouble with saying that is we don't know exactly how much or little input he is having. FA guys like Witten and Heath scream Gruden to me as do draft picks like Abram. I think @big_palooka alluded to it earlier in the topic that a lot of these picks seem like 'Gruden picks' so I'm not sure how you can hold Mayock entirely culpable.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

If we're being honest, he's one of the worst GMs in the league and has gotten off to a terrible start. 

If we're being honest... he's a glorified scout and Gruden is the one building the roster.

Nobody in this fan base wants to talk about the elephant in the room .... Gruden. Is it because he's got 7 years left on his contract people want to point the finger at the obvious problem? 

He's built this team in his image. He is 100% in control of the roster. 

Mayock is now next in line to blame now. This fan base will bury him next when these players don't progress... you watch. He will be the next scapegoat for Gruden truthers.

Edited by big_palooka

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Back to back years of questionable FA signings and draft picks 

I disagree.  I think he is bringing in players on reasonable contracts and slowly moving us in the right direction.  If we can find a way to hold onto Agholor and D. Good, and Bradley can utilize Kwit and Littleton right, then FA won't look so bad.  And I know the knock is always on the first round, but you cannot deny the impact his first class has had on our team.  Mullen, Moreau, Crosby, Renfrow, Jacobs all in one draft class.  That is not bad by any means.  Ruggs and Arnette were rookies and need to improve, and that will probably happen and they will both probably become major contributors with time, practice, coaching, etc.  

I'm not writing off B. Edwards, Muse and J. Simpson.  They all may develop into role players that improve our roster/depth chart.

Yeah he made mistakes with T. Brown, Mariota, M. Collins, Joyner, T. Williams, but we can literally cut all of them with essentially no negative impact on our salary cap.  Trim the fat (the players that fall short of their contracts), and continue to fill those whole via FA and the draft.  I really think we are moving in the right direction.  I do not think Mike Mayock is doing bad at all.  His draft failed to meet expectations during a COVID-19 year.  You can't just completely crap on this class when there was no offseason whatsoever.  I'm giving Mayock more time.  Just too soon to say he has failed.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Don't you read this forum?

If you look anywhere in this forum you will find a poster who blames Mayock for the Raiders failing, Gruden for the Raiders leadership and coaching and cap location, DC for existing, the defense for being trash (that is me), the Crosby lovers and haters, the third and Renfrow bandwagon (all of us.  In Renfrow we trust), and so on and so forth.  This is an all-you-can-eat buffet of Raiders talk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

If we're being honest... he's a glorified scout and Gruden is the one building the roster.

Nobody in this fan base wants to talk about the elephant in the room .... Gruden. Is it because he's got 7 years left on his contract people want to point the finger at the obvious problem? 

He's built this team in his image. He is 100% in control of the roster. 

Mayock is now next in line to blame now. This fan base will bury him next when these players don't progress... you watch. He will be the next scapegoat for Gruden truthers.

Mayock has done well.  I guess I'm just super positive because I'm a fan of Mayock, a fan of Gruden, and a fan of DC.  I'm sipping the Kool-Aid.  I did hate Guenther though, he was trash.

22 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Mayock has done well.  I guess I'm just super positive because I'm a fan of Mayock, a fan of Gruden, and a fan of DC.  I'm sipping the Kool-Aid.  I did hate Guenther though, he was trash.

I like Mayock. Like Gruden the personality... not the coach. Like the DC, but don't believe in him.

24 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Mullen, Moreau, Crosby, Renfrow, Jacobs all in one draft class.  That is not bad by any means.  Ruggs and Arnette were rookies and need to improve, and that will probably happen and they will both probably become major contributors with time, practice, coaching, etc.  

I'm not writing off B. Edwards, Muse and J. Simpson.  They all may develop into role players that improve our roster/depth chart.

Yeah he made mistakes with T. Brown, Mariota, M. Collins, Joyner, T. Williams, but we can literally cut all of them with essentially no negative impact on our salary cap.  Trim the fat (the players that fall short of their contracts), and continue to fill those whole via FA and the draft.  I really think we are moving in the right direction. 

Mullen, Moreau, Crosby, and even Jacobs regressed in year two and didn't come to close to meeting expectations outside of Jacobs going for 1,000+ yards on worse efficiency. 

I'm not writing those guys off yet either but it is hard to see guys that were more highly touted as prospects and on the board when we were picking outperform the guys that we reached on over them. 

That's fine that we can cut all of those guys but none of the free agents he has signed have lived up to their contracts. They've either been injuried or played absolutely terrible when on the field outside of Agholor and Kwit. 

We were a .500 level team with Carr/Cooper/Mack before Gruden blew it up and rebuild. The team he's building isn't even better than the teams that Reggie McKenzie built and he inherited a much worse situation when he took over as the GM.