Week 1 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, Geek said:

So as a team what can we do to be better against mobile QBs? If we don't fix that issue we're never going to win an super bowl.

The only thing that we could probably do is use a spy more often and alter secondary coverages. You could maybe use a CB spy as opposed to a LB spy 

I don't want this team to changes the attacking front that we utilize for the pass rushers. 

One of the most effective things to do is mush rush. Slow the rush and and collapse the pocket from all sides at once. It takes an incredible amount of discipline and neutralizes one of our best attributes like Forge mentioned. But it doesn't allow the qb to break contain and rush for 17 yards on 3rd and 16 either.

Cleveland for as much as they sucked a big one yesterday was fairly effective at it against Baltimore yesterday. Jackson "only" had 45 rushing yards and was sacked a couple times 

• Like 1

All things considered...thank hell we came out of the game largely healthy (I'm assuming that Kittle is healthy and that this isn't a situation where he got hurt, went back in, and then we find out he was more hurt after the game is over and he misses a couple of weeks lol). I was worried about an inflated injury risk with the early games

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

All things considered...thank hell we came out of the game largely healthy (I'm assuming that Kittle is healthy and that this isn't a situation where he got hurt, went back in, and then we find out he was more hurt after the game is over and he misses a couple of weeks lol). I was worried about an inflated injury risk with the early games

We may get Aiyuk back next week too. I was harsh on Jimmy this game but I'd really like to see his performance with some more reps and a healthy receiver corps. Having Bourne and Pettis as the top guys would make any QB shutter lol. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/how-jimmy-garoppolo-49ers-rated-week-1-loss-pro-football-focus

The good - Trent Willams, Hroniss Grasu, Nick Bosa, Dre Greenlaw, Javon Kinlaw, Fred Warner

The bad - Jimmy Garapollo, Dante Pettis, Mike McGlinchey, Solomon Thomas, Jimmie Ward, Emmanuel Moseley

Have to figure Pettis is on the chopping block with another poor performance or two....

Tough schedule ahead...its early, but these next 4 games are must-win. 

23 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/how-jimmy-garoppolo-49ers-rated-week-1-loss-pro-football-focus

The good - Trent Willams, Hroniss Grasu, Nick Bosa, Dre Greenlaw, Javon Kinlaw, Fred Warner

The bad - Jimmy Garapollo, Dante Pettis, Mike McGlinchey, Solomon Thomas, Jimmie Ward, Emmanuel Moseley

Have to figure Pettis is on the chopping block with another poor performance or two....

I hope we don't bottom out...I really don't need to hear about super bowl hangover when I've been advocating all off season and then again yesterday that it's not really a thing for hte super bowl loser lol

25 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Schedule is just like every year, away playing the saints.

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

And that is exactly what I've been afraid of with Deebo and why I've been pessimistic regarding his injury.

Jones fractures are the worrrrrrrrrrrst with regards to healing. Obscenely high rates of healing improperly or re-breaking. 

Nick Bosa DE 0 0% 57 70% 1 4%
  Off. Def. ST
Player Pos Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
Arik Armstead DE 0 0% 52 63% 11 39%
K'Waun Williams CB 0 0% 47 57% 1 4%
Dee Ford LB 0 0% 46 56% 1 4%
Solomon Thomas DE 0 0% 40 49% 7 25%
D.J. Jones DT 0 0% 39 48% 10 36%
Javon Kinlaw DT 0 0% 39 48% 10 36%
Dre Greenlaw LB 0 0% 35 43% 23 82%
Kerry Hyder DE 0 0% 33 40% 0 0%
Kevin Givens DT 0 0% 22 27% 0 0%

Pretty good rotation going on with regards to the defensive front. Good job by the staff to keep everyone pretty fresh, all things considered. It didn't work as the Cards just ran too many plays, this is good management. 

1 hour ago, Manny/Patrick said:

No training camp, crap WRs, ima give jimmy a pass on this one

This one was so bad that he doesn't automatically get a pass 

It will take him having several good games in a row and maybe even a game winning drive for me to give him a pass/mullegen 

• Like 1