The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I, personally, find calling out your teammates in a press conference pretty toothless--especially after a bad loss. Like, we didn't hear a peep during the week about how guys didn't practice hard and now you wanna come out as say guys weren't practicing hard?

I think our coaches and players lack of willingness to call the team out on its BS is one of the reasons we've sucked forever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think our coaches and players lack of willingness to call the team out on its BS is one of the reasons we've sucked forever.

I remember Jacobs talking about how he's glad there isn't a coach (Gruden) yelling at people and getting onto them when crap happens.  Swearing and all that.  I commented that without Gruden around to chew them out and get on them, they were going to become complacent.  Seems like that's exactly what is happening.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I, personally, find calling out your teammates in a press conference pretty toothless--especially after a bad loss. Like, we didn't hear a peep during the week about how guys didn't practice hard and now you wanna come out as say guys weren't practicing hard?

Naw he’s young but he’s from a premier program in vt. Plus he’s been learning from perryman. He knows the difference between hard work and folding. Silence is compliance. Emotions after game especially when you give 100 and you know for a fact guys are giving less or “folding” naw. Hopefully he went nelly on them in the locker room. I wonder who’s been slacking in practice?

as a coach I have no problem with it cause if I can’t control my players then I better have some players that can control players. Makes a coaches life easy.

• Like 1

I always look at the thread title and wonder how things trail off topic.  Happens in every thread lol.  But I will say this in regards to the most recent posts, we need to find every player that smiled as we got our butts whooped and cut them this offseason.  I've seen way too many pictures of players smiling as they were getting beat.  Need those guys gone yesterday.

16 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Normally I'd agree with you, especially in a close loss or a once in awhile blowout.  

However, with a stretch of games we have strung together I'm happy to see it. Somebody needs to call it like it is and if it takes a rookie to do it, than it's even worse than I thought.

15 hours ago, Jerry said:

I remember Jacobs talking about how he's glad there isn't a coach (Gruden) yelling at people and getting onto them when crap happens.  Swearing and all that.  I commented that without Gruden around to chew them out and get on them, they were going to become complacent.  Seems like that's exactly what is happening.

Gruden aggravated me as a playcaller and he's clearly not the best guy in the world, so I'm not sad he's gone. 

But he wasn't a bad football coach when it comes to the coaching aspect of the game. 

Also, now I know why Jacobs is always hurt. Between that and his Twitter whining, dude is softer than Gus' coverage schemes on 2nd and long. Lol. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Naw he’s young but he’s from a premier program in vt. Plus he’s been learning from perryman. He knows the difference between hard work and folding. Silence is compliance. Emotions after game especially when you give 100 and you know for a fact guys are giving less or “folding” naw. Hopefully he went nelly on them in the locker room. I wonder who’s been slacking in practice?

as a coach I have no problem with it cause if I can’t control my players then I better have some players that can control players. Makes a coaches life easy.

Dealing with little league kids, I don't have to worry about much. But when I played, some of the best accountability came from players/teammates that took it seriously. Sometimes hearing it from a peer is more effective than from a coach. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, true2form said:

Normally I'd agree with you, especially in a close loss or a once in awhile blowout.  

However, with a stretch of games we have strung together I'm happy to see it. Somebody needs to call it like it is and if it takes a rookie to do it, than it's even worse than I thought.

But how do we know his comments are "like it is." Especially when veteran players were saying the opposite. A bad roster can't practice it's way to become good roster. The Chiefs are just better. Maybe not 39 points better, but losses all count the same, anyway.

I think Deablo was just brown-nosing to the coaches to continue to get more playing time.

17 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

But how do we know his comments are "like it is." Especially when veteran players were saying the opposite. A bad roster can't practice it's way to become good roster. The Chiefs are just better. Maybe not 39 points better, but losses all count the same, anyway.

I think Deablo was just brown-nosing to the coaches to continue to get more playing time.

Proof is in the pudding.  My assumption is that he is right and there is clear proof in the way they've played as a whole the last 6 weeks or so.  Doesn't mean it's 100% true, just more likely to be.

I don't expect the offense to be anything more than it has been since the bye week.  They will struggle the rest of the way because they can't overcome their deficiencies anymore.  Coaching could be better, but the players aren't executing.  I'd imagine something is being screwed up on every single play at this point.  Carr missing an open WR or having a bad throw. The WR running the wrong route, dropping the ball, or fumbling after the catch.  RBs now fumbling as well as missing holes when they're there.  OLine being burnt, blown up or giving up multiple penalties a game. We are back to where we've been.  So even when we string together a few good plays, the drive typically comes to an end after those 

The defense has also regressed mightily.  They constantly struggle to get themselves off the field and I've seen a extreme lack of effort the past few games. Turnovers are near non-existent and the swagger and pride they once brought is all, but gone.  I know a lot of people try and give them a break because the offense doesn't "help them out".  Not me.  The offense could do nothing all day and I still expect the defense to do it's job.  You lose 21-0 and you did what you could.  41-9 well nobody did their jobs.

11 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Interested to hear your thoughts as a coach but wouldn't you prefer to have a player call others out face to face in the locker room or behind closed doors rather than air dirty laundry in public? Does that not  reflect badly on the coach if they do that in public?