NFL General Discussion

candyman93

23 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

And I cant believe we are both spending time talking about Justin Gilbert LOL

Honestly, it's kinda like therapy.

Plus, as much as I love them, our current regime is boring. Stefanski runs his pressers like Belichick but less rude. Andrew Berry is a Boy Scout. DePo is invisible. Even Jimmy is silent.

Where's the drama?  Where's the dysfunction? Where's the scandal?

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Plus, as much as I love them, our current regime is boring. Stefanski runs his pressers like Belichick but less rude. Andrew Berry is a Boy Scout. DePo is invisible. Even Jimmy is silent.

Boring is good.

We’ve had enough drama for 3 lifetimes over the last 20 years.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I respect your opinion....I just have a different one.....potential Immaturity was the ONLY knock I heard about him.....and those saying he had one year of production (5 INT's as a Soph and 7 as a Sr...as well as becoming the Big 12's all time KR leader) whoever said that, did not watch him at Okla st. nor did they Look up his college stats.....IJS. Maybe you didnt like him as a prospect and as humans we tend to pay more attention to the voices that are singing the same tune as we are.........but I know several of the Big Prognosticators liked him.

https://www.nfl.com/news/mike-mayock-s-position-rankings-for-2014-nfl-draft-0ap2000000326222

So at the time, I dont think it was a bad pick at all. Now a year after that pick, we all saw it was a bad pick....

And with the Trent Richardson Pick, I remember most folks thinking he was gonna be good at something, but there were a couple of analyst who did not and I remember the BIGGEST knock on him for me came from our own Jim Brown, when Jim Brown said "I dont see anything special about the kid" and we all thought Jim had finally lost it....seems like Time has proven him wise.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree on just where Justin Gilbert ranked as a prospect at that time.....but were still cool. 🙂🙂

And I cant believe we are both spending time talking about Justin Gilbert LOL

I misremembered his production, and I had no opinion on him as a prospect.  I just remember looking at the reactions on this forum by fans of other teams and there being a good amount of people who were convinced he would bust.  But maybe I'm misremembering that too.

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Stefanski's post-game pep talks are him with a calm smile reading efficiency stats off of a sheet of paper he's probably going to have laminated...and he it really revs my engine.

2 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

amen-brother-memecrunchcom-amen-53533864

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

People are waaaay to quick to announce Kansas City being in trouble. They’re not in trouble unless one of the big 3 on their offense gets hurt.

Yep. Reminds me of whenever the Gs warriors would have some slow start or some issues and people would start to write them off then they’d roll though everyone in the playoffs. KC is too stacked to not be considered a top 3 team 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

People are waaaay to quick to announce Kansas City being in trouble. They’re not in trouble unless one of the big 3 on their offense gets hurt.

It’s like the annual Tom Brady is done thread when he loses a September-October game or two, in NFL Gen (I’m told). 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I misremembered his production, and I had no opinion on him as a prospect.  I just remember looking at the reactions on this forum by fans of other teams and there being a good amount of people who were convinced he would bust.  But maybe I'm misremembering that too.

I think all of those people were just smart enough to know that whoever we drafted was going to bust. I mean they had a better than 75% chance of being right if you look at our 1st round picks before ‘17

22 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yep. Reminds me of whenever the Gs warriors would have some slow start or some issues and people would start to write them off then they’d roll though everyone in the playoffs. KC is too stacked to not be considered a top 3 team 

That is a good comp, because if any of their Big 3 on offense get hurt, the whole thing falls apart.