NFL General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Quoting myself and I don’t care, we need to get much better. We’re not ready to compete. We need more D and O and some more stuff

We aren't legit contenders this season.  Too many missing pieces and not enough alpha dudes to make up for the holes.  Knowing that though, I'm good with us being pretend contenders for this season and just finding ways to win the games we should and sneak into the playoffs.  That's the ceiling on this team and would indicate we are at least on the right track with coaching and locker room morale. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We aren't legit contenders this season.  Too many missing pieces and not enough alpha dudes to make up for the holes.  Knowing that though, I'm good with us being pretend contenders for this season and just finding ways to win the games we should and sneak into the playoffs.  That's the ceiling on this team and would indicate we are at least on the right track with coaching and locker room morale. 

Absolutely. I said in the beginning that I have absolutely no expectations this year. In a Covid-19 year where we need to expect the unexpected and demand nothing, we need to just embrace the unexpected. I’m loving every win we get. And trying not to take these games for granted. 

10 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Yep. At some point, you have to start even building something, and having a winning record and getting into the playoffs, breaking droughts of 13 and 18 years respectively (that's beyond pathetic now that I've written it down), and then hopefully having "our guy" at coach, some key pieces in place, and maybe even getting some major contributors back healthy in 2021 (Delpit, OBJ or he's traded, probably not Greedy because he's Mr. Glass) with a 2nd year of continuity in place on both sides of the ball (I'm shocked just writing this down) and hopefully some much needed pieces addressed to make us legitimate contenders/have a chance at contending (EDGE, LB, S, 2nd CB, maybe a big bodied outside WR) in 2021 and beyond.

39 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yep. At some point, you have to start even building something, and having a winning record and getting into the playoffs, breaking droughts of 13 and 18 years respectively (that's beyond pathetic now that I've written it down), and then hopefully having "our guy" at coach, some key pieces in place, and maybe even getting some major contributors back healthy in 2021 (Delpit, OBJ or he's traded, probably not Greedy because he's Mr. Glass) with a 2nd year of continuity in place on both sides of the ball (I'm shocked just writing this down) and hopefully some much needed pieces addressed to make us legitimate contenders/have a chance at contending (EDGE, LB, S, 2nd CB, maybe a big bodied outside WR) in 2021 and beyond.

There is something to say for just shedding all of the weight of the last 15 years and getting back into the playoffs. It will boost morale of the entire team/organization going into the offseason and give them some sort of baseline to work off of heading into the draft/TC/next season.

Even if they go 1 and done---just get there.

Also, whats awesome is Chubb/Hunt are still both on pace to give the Browns TWO 1k yard rushers in the same season. I did the math and Chubb needs to average 80 yards rushing per game here on out and Hunt needs about 52 yards per game over the next 7.

What are the odds we have 2 pro bowl running back lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm low key tempted to start a "What's wrong with Lamar Jackson?" thread in NFL General and then watch the chaos unfold.

Someone talk me out of this...

Ravens fans are cool, they 'll come to his defense in a rational way. Won't end up with you being a troll, racist, terrorist or anything like that.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm low key tempted to start a "What's wrong with Lamar Jackson?" thread in NFL General and then watch the chaos unfold.

Someone talk me out of this...

200.gif

"I was right about Lamar" at the ready, Sir. *crisp salute*

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, DawgX said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4445203

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Ravens fans are cool, they 'll come to his defense in a rational way. Won't end up with you being a troll, racist, terrorist or anything like that.

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

200.gif

"I was right about Lamar" at the ready, Sir. *crisp salute*

To be fair, it would be more in the tone of:

"What's wrong with Lamar Jackson? He had an unprecedented season that many said wasn't sustainable long term, and was the clear choice for MVP. Now, Baltimore and LJ haven't found their rhythm in the last 10 games. What's wrong? Is it coaching? Have teams figured them out? Are the haters right? What do you all think?"

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

To be fair, it would be more in the tone of:

"What's wrong with Lamar Jackson? He had an unprecedented season that many said wasn't sustainable long term, and was the clear choice for MVP. Now, Baltimore and LJ haven't found their rhythm in the last 10 games. What's wrong? Is it coaching? Have teams figured them out? Are the haters right? What do you all think?"

83gv.gif

Edited by NudeTayne
Solid setup. Tayne-endorsed.
  • Like 3