MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

Updated.

Notes:

- Wilson still definitely #1

- Mahomes ascends to #2. Impressive performance, but this had more to do with Rodgers and Allen's performance. Plus, this isn't Power Rankings, I look at the season from a whole every week. Mahomes season is currently #2 for MVP in my opinion. However, I do think #2 to #5 on this list are all pretty close right now. And Wilson's gap at #1 isn't that big.

- Tannehil ascends to #3. Tremendous game, a win, and still undefeated. He's also having a statistically better season than Rodgers, although it's almost identical.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 11:55 AM, BayRaider said:

I have not looked at an MVP list the entire year and this list is purely organic, but to give people a different perspective: I googled Top 10 MVP list, and this was the only thing I found on the front page: https://www.nfl.com/news/top-10-nfl-mvp-candidates-russell-wilson-leads-field

Thanks, i enjoy reading this thread, and its definitely better if you dont look at any other mvp lists.

gives a fresh perspective

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Mahomes wasn't that impressive.

Wilson first gap of the year, by not playing lol

I don't think Mahomes has had a truly top tier game, so far, but he gets vaulted over a lot of guys just from the fact that he hasn't had a bad one yet, either. His worst statistically was Las Vegas, but that was a penalty away from a 400+ yard 3 TD game. He hasn't had a game like Jackson or Allen against us, Brady against New Orleans (or even the first half against LAC), Rodgers against Tampa, etc. He's been pretty steady, and has just climbed the list as others have had visibly bad games.

Tampa/Vegas should be a big game next week. Could legitimize Brady or Carr as contenders, or drop them out of contention.

53 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think Mahomes has had a truly top tier game, so far, but he gets vaulted over a lot of guys just from the fact that he hasn't had a bad one yet, either. His worst statistically was Las Vegas, but that was a penalty away from a 400+ yard 3 TD game. He hasn't had a game like Jackson or Allen against us, Brady against New Orleans (or even the first half against LAC), Rodgers against Tampa, etc. He's been pretty steady, and has just climbed the list as others have had visibly bad games.

Tampa/Vegas should be a big game next week. Could legitimize Brady or Carr as contenders, or drop them out of contention.

Mahomes performance in Baltimore was top tier

On 10/19/2020 at 6:51 PM, NYRaider said:

After this week I'd probably go: 

1. Russell Wilson

2. Ryan Tannehill

3. Patrick Mahomes

4. Tom Brady

5. Aaron Rodgers 

I agree with this, and to add on it would be Russell <gap> Tannehill <gap> everyone else

On 10/19/2020 at 11:51 PM, Nightime said:

Mahomes performance in Baltimore was top tier

Not really if you go back and watch the game and how easy the throws were that he made. I posted about this after teh game, but it was really only 1-2 impressive throws (including the TD to Hardman). Everything else was really easy because of how open everyone was and how out-coached we werw.

44 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I agree with this, and to add on it would be Russell <gap> Tannehill <gap> everyone else

Would agree with this. Only I would put Brady at 5. Rodgers has been more impressive outside of one game where they went H2H and Brady wasn’t particularly “better” but he simply has the better team. That Tampa defense is the best DVOA defense in the league whereas GB’s is 30th. For me that game merely closed the gap between Rodgers and Brady.

I’d go:

1. Russell Wilson
(1 1/2 of a space)
2. Ryan Tannehill
3a. Aaron Rodgers
3b. Patrick Mahomes
5. Tom Brady
(1 space)
6. Josh Allen

• Like 1