MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

is there any reason why the voters wouldn't want a Co-MVP ?
And how do they get to that spot ? How close do the 50 votes need to be in order to choose the duo vs one player ?

they would need to tie in votes. it's not something you can easily arrange with 50 independent voters. co-MVP is a copout. just name a victor.

36 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

Allen has no case over Mahomes, and no case over Rodgers. He’s having a really good season but he’s been outplayed by those other two by enough of a margin that he doesn’t really need to be included in here. 

As an example, no one was seriously suggesting Rivers belonged in the MVP discussion with Brees and Mahomes in 2018.

I agree just feels like it's not as far off as a lot of people think. 

It does suck because Josh Allens numbers will probably beat 2015 Cam Newton MVP season. If Mahomes and Rodgers weren't playing so elite this season it's weird to think Josh Allen actually could've been the MVP lol. 

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

And how do they get to that spot ? How close do the 50 votes need to be in order to choose the duo vs one player ?

Since it’s not a ranked choice points based system, but rather a one player per vote system, they would have to both end up with the same number of votes.

Examples, Favre and Barry Sanders both had 18 votes the year they shared MVP, and McNair and Manning both had 16 when they shared it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

everyone else in the league will tie for 3rd/last. No one but Mahomes/Rodgers will get votes (I suspect)

I agree that is how it SHOULD be

But I don't put it past the idiot voters to do it though

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

Since it’s not a ranked choice points based system, but rather a one player per vote system, they would have to both end up with the same number of votes.

Examples, Favre and Barry Sanders both had 18 votes the year they shared MVP, and McNair and Manning both had 16 when they shared it.

Yep - this isn't unprecedented

I don't agree with CHOOSING a co-MVP, but totally okay with awarding a co-MVP if it is the result of a tie vote

Although I firmly believe the ranking is a better approach. I like being able to count "MVP share" for a player over their career, as well as being much less likely for a tie

Just now, Tk3 said:

Yep - this isn't unprecedented

I don't agree with CHOOSING a co-MVP, but totally okay with awarding a co-MVP if it is the result of a tie vote

Although I firmly believe the ranking is a better approach. I like being able to count "MVP share" for a player over their career, as well as being much less likely for a tie

Agree with all of this. Shouldn’t get to auto-award Co-MVP, but if it happens that way with the votes, that’s 100% fine. 

I also agree with a Ranked Choice Voting System of 1-5 or even a 1-6. 

1 = 5 points. 
2 = 4 points. 
3 = 3 points.

2 = 2 points 

1 = 1 point.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

everyone else in the league will tie for 3rd/last. No one but Mahomes/Rodgers will get votes (I suspect)

There will be some pity, biased, or statement vote. There almost always is. Last year was an incredibly surprising exception, honestly, where no one thought they were smarter than everyone else and threw a vote at some random player. Cortez Kennedy got a vote on the 2-14 Seahawks. Carnell Lake got a vote in a year Barry Sanders topped 2k yards and Brett Favre threw for 35 TDs. Jim Harbaugh got two votes in 95 when he only started 12 games, and Favre's statline virtually doubled his. Prescott got a vote his rookie year. Bobby Wagner got a vote in a year when, if a voter really wanted to go defense, it was at least acceptable to say J.J. Watt.

Someone will throw a pity vote at Russell Wilson or Derrick Henry. Or think they're clever and give one to Baker Mayfield or Aaron Donald or Travis Kelce or something. Some writer who covers or covered the Bills will go homer and vote Josh Allen. Something like that will happen, more likely than not.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

There will be some pity, biased, or statement vote. There almost always is. Last year was an incredibly surprising exception, honestly, where no one thought they were smarter than everyone else and threw a vote at some random player. Cortez Kennedy got a vote on the 2-14 Seahawks. Carnell Lake got a vote in a year Barry Sanders topped 2k yards and Brett Favre threw for 35 TDs. Jim Harbaugh got two votes in 95 when he only started 12 games, and Favre's statline virtually doubled his. Prescott got a vote his rookie year. Bobby Wagner got a vote in a year when, if a voter really wanted to go defense, it was at least acceptable to say J.J. Watt.

Someone will throw a pity vote at Russell Wilson or Derrick Henry. Or think they're clever and give one to Baker Mayfield or Aaron Donald or Travis Kelce or something. 

I hope Richie incognito gets a vote. If mother got a vote, he would. He's always been her favorite.

On 12/21/2020 at 9:31 AM, incognito_man said:

This is still Rodgers in the lead if the WRs hadn't decided to drop key passes vs Carolina.

Mahomes might have a slight edge now with the pseduo-prime-time win against a playoff team.

woah woah woah, Rodgers doesnt need weapons. He should just throw it to himself. This is hilarious.

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

It’s a vote, it literally needs to be a tie for first. I could seriously see a situation where a vote split gets it to someone like Henry 

7 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

He won't win but why is Josh Allen not closer in the MVP race? KC is 13-1, Bills 11-3, Packers 11-3.

Player 1 : 4,462 yards, 38 Total TDs, 5 INTs, 83.4 QBR, 67.3 completion %
Player 2 : 4,000 yards, 39 Total TDs, 9 INTs, 79.5 QBR, 68.7 completion %
Player 3 : 3,828 yards, 43 Total TDs, 4 INTs, 83.5 QBR, 69.6 completion %

He's #2 in yards, #2 in total TDs and #2 in completion %. There's obviously different stats you can pull but it seems like the talk is Rodgers/Mahomes and Allen should be right there IMO. 

If you had not said anything, I would have said player #2 does not belong. The interceptions and QBR difference are significant. It's only a 3 INT game by Mahomes that let Rodgers back in the conversation. As it is, I suspect Rodgers needs a statement game this week against Tennessee in Nashville. 

J