2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I mean thats probably all thats left to do. Someone made a good point that we're simply choosing between the guys we can hire today rather than the guys we can get in a week/weeks. Saleh is the best we can get now, while every other team is being thorough and patient we're striking first.

Yeah... He is said to still be inside the Jets surrounding.

About Frank Reich being a Jet HC.  Darnold would crash and burn under Reich.

I hope it’s because we think we have a shot at a top college coach. I’d feel very underwhelmed with Arthur Smith but @KingOfNewYork got me researching Brandon Staley and I must admit he sounds like a guy that would complete transform the franchise....I’m guessing it would be tough though as we’d have to wait until after the Rams game on Sunday so starting to get the feeling we will have our guy by then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I hope it’s because we think we have a shot at a top college coach. I’d feel very underwhelmed with Arthur Smith but @KingOfNewYork got me researching Brandon Staley and I must admit he sounds like a guy that would complete transform the franchise....I’m guessing it would be tough though as we’d have to wait until after the Rams game on Sunday so starting to get the feeling we will have our guy by then. 

Staley is so good, the way he sees both offense and defense is something we can really use. My hope is the Packers win but in a grind it out game and then we bring him back next week, interview Daboll if the Bills lose as well and also try and talk to Eberflus again and then make a decision between those 4.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

He’s not going to be our HC then. You don’t let him leave the building without a deal if you want him.

Not necessarily true, we let Rhule leave the building and then offered him the job. Only reason he didn't take it was because of our insistence on picking his coordinators.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I can finally breathe. Good on Joe, Robert and CJ to all take their time. 

I'm not mad about it but I really like Saleh and would have been happy with the hire. I still like Staley a lot and after some research on Saleh I like them both equally. I guess I'm just used to the jets letting me down because I can't help be feel like we are gonna hire either Smith or Lewis which would bum me out.