2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

4 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

This is all info from the play like a jet podcast haha.

I know earlier in the year I was very high on Arthur Smith. Dude uses play-action and pre snap motion so effectively. Also Henry started playing much better after Smith took over because he made some great adjustments to accomodate his running style. I get that a criticism is to say he used Henry as a crutch, but it's also possible he just understands how to play to his players strengths which has been a BIG issue we've all had with Gase.

True.

We aren't certain whether or not he can learn from it and modify plans for future benefit.  He is not exactly an innovative coach so there may be a great concern.

6 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

This is all info from the play like a jet podcast haha.

I know earlier in the year I was very high on Arthur Smith. Dude uses play-action and pre snap motion so effectively. Also Henry started playing much better after Smith took over because he made some great adjustments to accomodate his running style. I get that a criticism is to say he used Henry as a crutch, but it's also possible he just understands how to play to his players strengths which has been a BIG issue we've all had with Gase.

They did a good job interviewing local writers for each team, the Joe Brady one was eye opening. 

Thing is as bad as Gase was we cant just focus on being better than he had us, that bar is low. Is Smith to right go overall lead the team? We dont know obviously but an offense too predicated on one thing is worrisome, same with a defense. 

10 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I'm gonna get so anxious if Saleh is hired by another team and we are waiting on a playoff team to lose to interview our #1 guy, if that guy winds up being Staley I'd be very happy but damn I'm gonna be anxious. 

I feel you man, as long as other teams are filling vacancies I think we'll be fine. No one's been hired yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Best not to assume we blew it but I def can understand why some of you think we did, its not like we have an amazing history of good decisions. At the same time most said they would trust Joe if he hired Saleh so we trust him the same if he didn't/doesn't

There's already speculation Saleh walked away because number of years was an issue. Not confirmed but sure sounds like the Jets. 

Edited by mattmanz91
  • Like 1