2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

35 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Game manager in the sense that he doesn't throw often? Not that I consider that the definition but he is like 30th in attempts.

As far as being a game manager with his throws, the fact that he is top 10 in air yards per attempt (2nd in air yards per completion) I can't call him a game manager. Game managers are more checkdown Charlies.

I don't mean game manager in the pejorative sense. I mean the guy takes what the defense gives him and hasn't been trying to make something that's not there happen. It also happens that he doesn't have to wing it because of the luxury of the running game. Him and Ryan Tannehill are pretty much in the same role: Game Manager. 

19 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I don't mean game manager in the pejorative sense. I mean the guy takes what the defense gives him and hasn't been trying to make something that's not there happen. It also happens that he doesn't have to wing it because of the luxury of the running game. Him and Ryan Tannehill are pretty much in the same role: Game Manager. 

Yeah, it doesn't have to be a bad thing. If you look at his stats, Troy Aikman was a game manager type QB, and those teams had wild success.

• Like 1

Three weeks in a row of absolutely impossible weather. Looked better than Watson and Wentz when both were handing the same weather as him. We just have no clue right now. Hopefully we get enough manageable weather games between now and the playoffs to have a better idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FGK said:

Three weeks in a row of absolutely impossible weather. Looked better than Watson and Wentz when both were handing the same weather as him. We just have no clue right now. Hopefully we get enough manageable weather games between now and the playoffs to have a better idea.

Thought he looked better than Carr as well except no one on the browns was catching anything

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

He did.

Sounded like he was salivating at the prospect.

I can't prove ya wrong but it is ridiculous if he said rain makes good throwing conditions, which I still don't think that was exactly what he said. Now if he said it gives an offense the advantage I could see even though rain equals lowering scoring games per Vegas so I'm not sure the logic behind the statement anyway but it's not as crazy as saying throwing a wet ball is better than throwing a dry ball.

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Can you make the big time difficult throws in high pressure situations?

That’s the ultimate result you need from your QB. I’d be thrilled if Baker was like Eli Manning where he sucks in the regular season, but goes super saiyan in the playoffs.

Hey if he leads us to 2 SB wins, ZFG on regular season play

Also liked for the BDZ ref 

• Like 1

Man Baker just lacks consistency.  He throws a beautiful ball in tight windows at times, and he will throw high to a wide open receiver.  It really is just a matter of making the good throws on a regular basis.  I can handle a few stinkers, if they don't result in turnovers.  He really is suited for this play action offense.

• Like 2

Just now, big poppa pump said:

Man Baker just lacks consistency.  He throws a beautiful ball in tight windows at times, and he will throw high to a wide open receiver.  It really is just a matter of making the good throws on a regular basis.  I can handle a few stinkers, if they don't result in turnovers.  He really is suited for this play action offense.

And hopefully that consistency will come in time once he gets more used to Stefanski's scheme.

• Like 2