What movie are you watching?

Forge

14 hours ago, fluhartz said:

the wife has agreed to watch the witch this weekend in honorr halloween.. I am so pumped, so that is what we are doing.. 

Great horror movie.  Don't listen to Purple guy.

I think we might have one more horror movie to watch tonight before we get to our traditional Halloween movies (Hocus Pocus for her and Nightmare Before Christmas for me) on Friday and Saturday.

Debating between Hereditary, Green Room, and The Lighthouse (same director as The Witch).

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Great horror movie.  Don't listen to Purple guy.

I think we might have one more horror movie to watch tonight before we get to our traditional Halloween movies (Hocus Pocus for her and Nightmare Before Christmas for me) on Friday and Saturday.

Debating between Hereditary, Green Room, and The Lighthouse (same director as The Witch).

I have already seen the witch, I am just pumped to watch it again and for her to watch it, so I am not listening to anyone... haha

I haven't seen Hereditary, but it's on my list. The Lighthouse is insane, I liked it but not as much the witch

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Of the 3, Green Room is the enjoyable movie

4 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

1. the lighthouse (not scary, but fun watch) 2. hereditary 3. green room

imo

Yeah, we watched Hereditary. Pretty good, but didn’t live up to the hype.

hqdefault.jpg

Got around to watching Godzilla: King of the Monsters.  The monster fights, very well done.  Literally everything else was a dumpster fire.  The wife basically wants to commit genocide and the daughter doesn't get it until people actually start dying? "Oh no, Andrew died, I know the solution is to kill 100,00,000 more Andrews", but then she renegs once her daughter is upset?  If you are going to make her a genocidal maniac (and yes, she was a genocidal maniac), give her a little bit of resolve at least. What a wasted role for such an up and coming star like Mille Bobbie Brown too as the daughter, she's too good for a movie like this.  Charles Dance also wasted in his role as the committed genocidal maniac.  He could at least feature in a future movie, hopefully one with a completely different writer for the screenplay.  One where his character doesn't just leave the device that can influence the most powerful thing on the planet just lying around in a compound so unsecure that a tween girl can take it and run off.  Bloody hell that was stupid. Kyle Chandler did as much as he could with the very little he had to work with.  At least the monster fights were fun.

C

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Got around to watching Godzilla: King of the Monsters.  The monster fights, very well done.  Literally everything else was a dumpster fire.  The wife basically wants to commit genocide and the daughter doesn't get it until people actually start dying? "Oh no, Andrew died, I know the solution is to kill 100,00,000 more Andrews", but then she renegs once her daughter is upset?  If you are going to make her a genocidal maniac (and yes, she was a genocidal maniac), give her a little bit of resolve at least. What a wasted role for such an up and coming star like Mille Bobbie Brown too as the daughter, she's too good for a movie like this.  Charles Dance also wasted in his role as the committed genocidal maniac.  He could at least feature in a future movie, hopefully one with a completely different writer for the screenplay.  One where his character doesn't just leave the device that can influence the most powerful thing on the planet just lying around in a compound so unsecure that a tween girl can take it and run off.  Bloody hell that was stupid. Kyle Chandler did as much as he could with the very little he had to work with.  At least the monster fights were fun.

C

Concur on all points. The plot was just stupid.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I mean, if I watch Godzilla, the only reason I’m watching it is for monster fights.

The rest just needs to be barely palatable.

It did not meet this bar.  Makes the 60's and 70's Godzilla films plots look like intricately planned taut thrillers.