What movie are you watching?

Forge

e1e64a85d15c5ae349a5c79cc1f0a3f7.jpg

I never read the book for Sense and Sensibility, but I love the movie.  A+ cast, Ang Lee's best work as a director, fantastic score, and such a good screenplay from Emma Thompson that I am completely drawn in and captivated by 2+ hours about 19th century English romance.  I watch it every few years and it's always as good as I remember too.  Seriously ridiculous cast with Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet, Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant before he became insufferable, Hugh Laurie, etc...

Godzilla: KOTM was highly enjoyable for me simply due to the monsters. I don't give a single eff about the human element lol. Didn't even pay attention to the plot after what they did in the first one (featured the characters more). They did the opposite for KOTM and still can't win with people lol.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 7:17 PM, Outpost31 said:

Happy Death Day was not terrible.

Still think it’s stupid make Groundhog’s Day meets Halloween PG-13, but it really wasn’t terrible.

It kinda gets away with it, though because of its gimmick (the day "resets" every time Tree is "killed" a la Edge of Tomorrow). 

Anyways, I had a collection of my horror Blu-Rays to Halloween marathon tonight, but unfortunately, procrastination means I'll probably only get through 3 of them before I inevitably pass out:

womtvAXl.jpg

I just finished A Nightmare on Elm Street, horror classic, currently watching The Descent, also a great horror movie, though you need to see the unrated version to get the TRUE ending, which I won't spoil, but chances are you've already seen it. I thought about including The Exorcist (one of, if not THE all-time greatest horror movie) in this collection, but it's too long and I've wasted too much time putzing around online.

Edited by KManX89

21 hours ago, TENINCH said:

The Kingdom - one of the better Peter Berg movies thanks to Michael Mann producing.

Yeah you can truly see how much Michael Mann had an impact on it considering most of Berg's other films are lackluster.  I wanna see Mann produce a Ben Affleck film so badly.  I think that would be an amazing combo.

Just now, thrILL! said:

Yeah you can truly see how much Michael Mann had an impact on it considering most of Berg's other films are lackluster.  I wanna see Mann produce a Ben Affleck film so badly.  I think that would be an amazing combo.

That would be incredible. I'd also love to see another Miami Vice. That was a great movie imo.

He easily my favorite director.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

That would be incredible. I'd also love to see another Miami Vice. That was a great movie imo.

He easily my favorite director.

Same with me on both counts.  I loved the TV show and I thought the movie took it to a modern level and crushed it.  John Ortiz played one of my favorite villains in it too.  "She belongs to me now."

I'm a huge fan of Prohibition era movies so I usually watch Public Enemies and Live By Night back to back.  It wouldn't have surprised me at all if Mann had produced Live By Night as it had such similar style and tone.  It's such an underrated movie.  Most directors would've taken its 1st act and stretched it into an entire film but Affleck (and Dennis Lehane too altho I admit I haven't read any of his 3 books about the Coughlin family yet) gave us something far more interesting. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Same with me on both counts.  I loved the TV show and I thought the movie took it to a modern level and crushed it.  John Ortiz played one of my favorite villains in it too.  "She belongs to me now."

I'm a huge fan of Prohibition era movies so I usually watch Public Enemies and Live By Night back to back.  It wouldn't have surprised me at all if Mann had produced Live By Night as it had such similar style and tone.  It's such an underrated movie.  Most directors would've taken its 1st act and stretched it into an entire film but Affleck (and Dennis Lehane too altho I admit I haven't read any of his 3 books about the Coughlin family yet) gave us something far more interesting. 

Oh man yeah John Ortiz was fantastic. Mann won me over with Last of The Mohicans. Even to this day it's one of the greatest movies I've ever watched. I haven't seen Live by Night yet. I've watched the previews a few times but haven't pulled the trigger on buying it yet on Prime. I ended up buying The Accountant instead. 

I'll buy Live by Night tonight. I'm a big fan of Ben Affleck playing a serious badass so I think I'll like it.

• Like 1

1529501369-adonis-johnson-creed-2.jpg?cr

Decided to give Creed II a go today, and all in all I would say........it was ok.  The second half seemed a lot better paced than the first half, after the first half was a slog.  This one borrowed liberally from the Rocky movies, and I thought MBJ's performance was a lot better in the first one.  It at least had a good conclusion, although I wish they would have done a little more interaction between Drago and his son and then paid it off at the end a little more as well.

I liked Ivan throwing in the towel for Viktor, but I wish at the end when he told him "It's Ok" was done a little better.  Should have told him It's ok, then lifted his head up and told him "I'm proud of you son".  They had all the makings for a good emotional impact from an unexpected place there, all the ground work was laid, and then they kind of just gloss over it.  Major lost opportunity.

B-

warrior-span-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75

Now Warrior, that is a ******* fight movie.  Great story and direction from Gavin O'Connor, great acting from the leads Edgerton and Hardy, great supporting roles from Nick Nolte and Frank Grillo, love the score and hype it builds for it's biggest moments, and everything just comes together so well to suck you into the movie completely.  I haven't seen this in years, so it was great to come back to it and love it just as much if not more than I did before.