Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Everyone want a ton of money.

yea but the market is FLOODED with vets with high pay expectations. Teams are still over the cap. Most guys are going to have to settle for below market level deals or atypically low deals. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kirill said:

No thanks then. We have Niang and our GM said it's possible Fisher and Schwartz are both ready at the start of the season. Can add the doctor and a few high picks to the OL and be fine.

If Veach doesn't draft mostly offensive line especially with our premium picks this offseason im going pissed... Mahomes is too valuable

didn't you guys cut both of them?

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

yea but the market is FLOODED with vets with high pay expectations. Teams are still over the cap. Most guys are going to have to settle for below market level deals or atypically low deals. 

This is a very short term problem for players with a year or two left. It will not affect what a 24 year stud tackle ends up signing for, whenever he does sign.

Short term cap hits on long term deals are easy to suppress. Long term, there is going to be plenty of money and cap room. Money is not going to be an excuse to "Joe Burrow" your franchise QB, if you have one.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

KC makes no sense.. KC is the 31st spot in every round this year.

They are also your top competition.

They will be a 10+ win team for the next 3 years (likely) drafting in the late 20s at best.

Why would you trade to get KC picks when you can get better picks?

Just now, SkippyX said:

KC makes no sense.. KC is the 31st spot in every round this year.

They are also your top competition.

They will be a 10+ win team for the next 3 years (likely) drafting in the late 20s at best.

Why would you trade to get KC picks when you can get better picks?

Because that means that KC has to compensate by adding more picks? If someone offers you pick 21 this year, but KC offers 31 this year + a first next year, which do you prefer? I know which one @Blue takes lol 

• Like 1

Interesting to see public sentiment (not sure about here, but in many other corners of the internet) shift my way about Russell Wilson these days.  Namely, that his personality seems extremely manufactured and he comes off as fake as anyone I can remember.  I've never disputed that he's amazingly talented.  If he wasn't, and didn't constantly wreck my team, I wouldn't care.  But I guess now that he's annoying Seahawk fans that comment isn't as likely to be downvoted.

58 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I feel like that idea comes more from conceptions about the offense he plays in than actual evaluation of him as a player. He looked like one of the best tackles in the country in Lincoln Riley's spread offense too.

He took pretty much no traditional pass sets at Oklahoma. Literally almost everything was off of zone blocking. I loved Brown coming out, but the biggest fear wasn’t his speed—it was the fact that there was virtually no tape of him taking traditional pass sets. 

58 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't associate the "road grader" type with him. He's a force in pass protection too. Incredibly difficult to go through or around with his length. His pass blocking metrics (sacks and pressures allowed per dropback) have been very good all 3 years and he has tape at LT going against the best (TJ Watt and Myles Garrett). 

I think he’s OK as a LT in a passing offense, but there’s no denying that Baltimore’s run-first offense protected him. Plus, he’s always playing with TE’s and blocking backs. The Chiefs leave 5 for pass pro on almost every play and just chuck it around. Brown isn’t really built for that. 

33 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I'd be all for this for KC if he doesn't want a ton of money. Give them our first for him. Cut Fisher then we have Niang to replace Schwartz.

If he wants a ton of money would much rather draft a OT with our first pick.

Niang is not good. And he does want a ton of money. That’s why Baltimore isn’t keeping him. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Because that means that KC has to compensate by adding more picks? If someone offers you pick 21 this year, but KC offers 31 this year + a first next year, which do you prefer? I know which one @Blue takes lol 

So you think KC is giving up 2 first round picks for Orlando Brown who will be a free agent in 2022?

1 hour ago, Forge said:

So you think they trade for him without a contract extension? 

Probably not.

But to play slight devil's advocate: He's under contract this year for $3.38M. The franchise tag for O-lineman is $13.75M this year. A second tag is 1.2x the previous number and another tag is 1.44 times that. 3.38+13.75+1.2*13.75+1.44*1.2*13.75 => 4 years, $57.4m. That's assuming the franchise tag number for O-lineman stays the same 2022 vs 2021, but the point is he's only going to sniff free agency if a team lets him.

Securing his contract rights is far more important than the $$$ details. 

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

didn't you guys cut both of them?

Nevermind then I knew that quote was a bs smoke screen.

Niang and a FRP should be our plans for LT. Niang is a stud RT prospect who didn't allow a sack in college and Chase Young called the best offensive linemen he's ever faced. He sat out the year for Covid.

Orlando Brown for our first is a good trade if he doesn't want a big payday.

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Nevermind then I knew that quote was a bs smoke screen.

Niang and a FRP should be our plans for LT. Niang is a stud RT prospect who didn't allow a sack in college and Chase Young called the best offensive linemen he's ever faced. He sat out the year for Covid.

Orlando Brown for our first is a good trade if he doesn't want a big payday.

I guess...he was pretty bad in 2019. Maybe due to injuries, but he played soft and fat in his final year. He might be good, but clearly you didn’t watch film of him in college...which does not surprise me.

You need two OT’s if you wanna keep your QB alive. 

• Like 2